“Unexpected good food!”

Ranked #23 of 147 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Griggs' Restaurant is set in the heart of Cornish countryside and is adjacent to our Country Store. Offering a large dining area and cosy sofa's for a relaxed feel as well as the option to dine al fresco on our balcony while you enjoy some stunning rural views of the surrounding farmland. With ample free parking and good public transport links, access to the restaurant is via a short flight of stairs or by lift.
manchester
“Unexpected good food!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We have been a few times now and it's very good.
The food is always super fresh and homemade with good quality produce.
Slightly pricey for kids food I would suggest.
Very clean and a great choice for lunch.
If I had a large function I would definitely book the place as the views are lovely and the room would lend itself well to a party or christening.

3 Thank marlyx
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely review. The kitchen team always try there best and ensure everything is locally sourced.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Great for lunch.”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

First time visit. Had the nicest fish and chips I've had for a while. Watched the other meals coming out and was impresses by what I saw. Lovely spot, with great panoramic view. All was "properly" home made, including the tartare sauce.........absolutely recommend.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank lynn d
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for your review of a lunchtime visit to us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meals, our cod and chips are very popular! We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you.
“Lunch with Mum”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I've been here 4 times now, and I can safely say it is my favourite restaurant in the entire St Austell/Truro Area, I've sampled the Lamb Ribs, Main/Starter Burger (Equally superb), Cornish Crab Salad, Cheese Souffles, Eton Mess, Pavlova amongst others, and every time it has been perfectly cooked and presented. Combine this with a stunning balcony, and a spacious and airy interior restaurant, and rather lovely staff, it's certainly a top recommendation! Only drawback is the slightly inconvenient opening times, I want it to be open 24/7!!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jamie R
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed many visits to us. Our chefs work very hard to produce the best tasting quality food they can and I will gladly pass your comments along. Thank you again, we hope to see you soon.
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Off the 391!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My friend took me to this resturant which I had seen sign posted on the main road 391 from St. Aurtell to Truro, Cornwall. There is a brightly lit area that serves hot tasty meals. There were many people there enjoying their meals. There is plenty of parking as the shop on the same area caters to the farming industry and Equestrian "gear" I found something for my grandsons' birthday. I'll go there again and take family as well.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank ezatrr
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your visit to us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals and I will pass your comments on to our neighbours, the store. Thank you, we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very nice place to eat”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Visited Griggs on a lunch time (2nd visit). Lovely home cooked food using local produce....Well done for that. Had to wait a while for the meal but at least you know the food is being cooked fresh. My only small complaint.... too noisy. Wooden floor and high ceilings makes the sound of lots of chatting and coffee machines carry around the room. Not sure how this can be solved, but very off putting, for me anyway. Difficult to hear the person opposite you talking. Service very friendly. Would return.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank lynnie_263
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments of your lunchtime visit to us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals. I will pass your comments regarding noise onto our owner, unfortunately when the restaurant gets busy it can get noisy in here. Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back soon.