“Lunch with Mum”

Ranked #27 of 152 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Griggs' Restaurant is set in the heart of Cornish countryside and is adjacent to our Country Store. Offering a large dining area and cosy sofa's for a relaxed feel as well as the option to dine al fresco on our balcony while you enjoy some stunning rural views of the surrounding farmland. With ample free parking and good public transport links, access to the restaurant is via a short flight of stairs or by lift.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I've been here 4 times now, and I can safely say it is my favourite restaurant in the entire St Austell/Truro Area, I've sampled the Lamb Ribs, Main/Starter Burger (Equally superb), Cornish Crab Salad, Cheese Souffles, Eton Mess, Pavlova amongst others, and every time it has been perfectly cooked and presented. Combine this with a stunning balcony, and a spacious and airy interior restaurant, and rather lovely staff, it's certainly a top recommendation! Only drawback is the slightly inconvenient opening times, I want it to be open 24/7!!!

2  Thank Jamie R
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed many visits to us. Our chefs work very hard to produce the best tasting quality food they can and I will gladly pass your comments along. Thank you again, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My friend took me to this resturant which I had seen sign posted on the main road 391 from St. Aurtell to Truro, Cornwall. There is a brightly lit area that serves hot tasty meals. There were many people there enjoying their meals. There is plenty of parking as the shop on the same area caters to the farming industry and Equestrian "gear" I found something for my grandsons' birthday. I'll go there again and take family as well.

2  Thank ezatrr

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your visit to us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals and I will pass your comments on to our neighbours, the store. Thank you, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Visited Griggs on a lunch time (2nd visit). Lovely home cooked food using local produce....Well done for that. Had to wait a while for the meal but at least you know the food is being cooked fresh. My only small complaint.... too noisy. Wooden floor and high ceilings makes the sound of lots of chatting and coffee machines carry around the room. Not sure how this can be solved, but very off putting, for me anyway. Difficult to hear the person opposite you talking. Service very friendly. Would return.

2  Thank lynnie_263

Thank you for your comments of your lunchtime visit to us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals. I will pass your comments regarding noise onto our owner, unfortunately when the restaurant gets busy it can get noisy in here. Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

A wide variety of freshly cooked & locally sourced Cornish fayre. Off the beated track but well worth discovering for yourself.

Very popular with locals and those 'in the know'. Book ahead if your planning to celebrate a special occasion such as Mothers day as this place is a guaranteed winner and can be fully booked.

The staff are great, the environment is marvelous and the food is delicious. I have never had a bad meal there.

2  Thank Jake B

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed all of your visits to us! I couldn't agree with you more regarding bookings, its highly recommended on Sundays! Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been here several times, day and night and not had a bad meal..they cater for coeliacs with a choice of things to eat..always pleasant staff...

3  Thank dmhfcjh
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals. We take food allergies very seriously and try our best to accommodate anyone with specific requirements and will always have a range of options available. Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back soon.