“1dogonthebeach”

Ranked #28 of 153 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Griggs' Restaurant is set in the heart of Cornish countryside and is adjacent to our Country Store. Offering a large dining area and cosy sofa's for a relaxed feel as well as the option to dine al fresco on our balcony while you enjoy some stunning rural views of the surrounding farmland. With ample free parking and good public transport links, access to the restaurant is via a short flight of stairs or by lift.
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Lunch at Griggs is always an event to look forward to. And today was no exception. The beer battered fish and the gourmet chips were excellent.
The service is always great and the staff are always very helpful.
Looking forward to our next visit

1  Thank 100Deejay
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to us! I am pleased to hear that your enjoyed your cod and chips! I will pass your comments onto our restaurant and kitchen team members. Thank you again, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

What a great place for lunch! Our party of 6 all ordered different dishes and each was delicious, nicely presented and generously portioned. There really is something got everyone at Griggs restaurant - I loved the salmon fish cakes today! The atmosphere was buzzing and service was great. After eating we popped into the shop for a few essentials. We will be back soon!

Thank you for your lovely review of your visit to us. I am so glad to hear that all your party enjoyed their meals, I will pass your comments onto our teams. Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We visited Griggs after looking for inspiration of somewhere decent for lunch on a Saturday afternoon and were not disappointed. Great burgers and fabulous chips... I opted for the smaller lunch portion and my husband for the bigger portion and we both left fully satisfied. Bit of a wait for food but it was extremely busy and the staff were very friendly. We will definitely return again in the future.

1  Thank Earl_Loula

Thank you for your recent review of a lunchtime visit to us. I am glad to hear that you both enjoyed your burgers and service. I do apologise for the wait on your food, as you said it was a very busy lunch and the kitchen did their very best to get all meals out as quickly as possible. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

As my wife works during Sunday, I thought I would give your restaurant a try. To which I was not disappointed one little bit. The service from when you enter to the time when you have finished your meal was outstanding. All the staff made you feel really welcome and the restaurant was spotless. The meal which I purchased was roast beef with all the standard veg, I found there was no place for any complaints, only one thing. I know you cannot cater for everyone's taste but I did find that the beef was slightly underdone. I like many others like my meat done medium which I find covers every ones taste. I know some like it rare, some like it well done, but by cooking it medium that will cover all taste buds. Other than that I for one will be coming back again, which will be every Sunday when my wife is working. Thank you Griggs for a wonderful meal. Ron.Barker. St. Austell.

1  Thank 339skinner1234

Thank you Ron for your recent review of you Sunday lunch visit. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed both the service and the food at Griggs. Upon your next visit, please let us know if you prefer your meat more rare or more well cooked, the kitchen will only be more than happy to accommodate your request without a problem. Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Popped into Griggs for a Sunday bite to eat . It's a nice clean airy environment . Turkey Roast was delicious and well priced . Service was good and quick , we even got offered extra veg . Will be back again soon

1  Thank Ian C

Thank you for your recent review of your Sunday lunch with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and like you said, if ever needed we always have plenty of the essentials, extra veg, roasties and gravy! Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back soon.