“Love our Monday trips to Griggs for lunch”
Review of Griggs Restaurant

Griggs Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 146 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Griggs' Restaurant is set in the heart of Cornish countryside and is adjacent to our Country Store. Offering a large dining area and cosy sofa's for a relaxed feel as well as the option to dine al fresco on our balcony while you enjoy some stunning rural views of the surrounding farmland. With ample free parking and good public transport links, access to the restaurant is via a short flight of stairs or by lift.
Truro, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love our Monday trips to Griggs for lunch”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

With working in sticker I use Griggs on a regular basis for dog food,clothes shopping and just general bits and pieces.when I heard about the restaurant I was chuffed as it would be handy being so close by.
Myself and a friend now use the restaurant just as much as the store.
We have a Monday off from the salon so enjoy nipping over to have a girly lunch,and look around the clothes. Also I bring my friends little girl who I look after on a Monday.
The girls in the restaurant are so helpful,always supply a high chair and don't moan at me for the amount of food on the floor :) from Harriet getting excited.
The food is delicious and very good value for money.so many specials as well as a large menu to choose from. Would highly recommend Griggs restaurant and do tell clients how lovely it is.
So Mr.Grigg thank you for making my trip to get Charlie's dog food a little bit more of a treat!
Laura :)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Laura S
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thanks Laura for such a lovely review! We will most definitely be looking forward to seeing you again.

Truro, England, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant, staff need observation training”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant which has been open for a while and my wife and I called in to see what was on offer. We were welcomed at the door with a lovely welcome smile and my wife explained that it was a quick look around and that on this occasion we were happy as suggested to take a sofa and order two coffees.
After 5 mins waiting my wife went to the counter to order and was told that it was waitress service, unfortunately no waitress asked for our order and we left after waiting another 10 minutes.
I considered this to be a well staffed attractive restaurant which cost a lot of money to set up. All that money is wasted if customers leave without being served. Busyness is not an excuse for ignorance.
I have read all the positive comments about this restaurant and on the face of it agree completely, it is a superb venue with a completely lovely ambiance. All this was wasted because no one approached us. Dissappointing!!

• Visited November 2013
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
I am so sorry to hear this feedback. We never like to see anyone leave un happy. Would you mind giving me a ring so I can speak with you in person our telephone number is 01726 69997. And my name is Rachel.
Truro, United Kingdom
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Lovely menu choices, superb food and excellent waitresses!

Will certainly be visiting again soon.

Very smart restaurant with lovely views, set on the 1st floor (lift and stairs) in a new purpose built building.

Lovely food, hard to choose what to have as it all looked fantastic.

Plenty of (free) parking too.

You are made very welcome and there is no pressure to leave either.

Well done to all!!

1 Thank Thelma N
Thankyou for your lovely review. We all try our upmost to make everyone's visit a pleasure. We hope you return.
Truro, United Kingdom
“Our Wedding Breakfast Venue”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Where do we begin ? Truly 5* from the planning, menu choices, wines, the dining room, down to the smallest detail Griggs covered it all. We cannot recommend Griggs Restaurant enough, food was superb, served quickly by a team of competent waitresses, during the meal staff were attentive but unobtrusive. Thank you to all staff involved you made our day truly amazing.

We are now looking forward to our Christmas return with our family & friends in December.

1 Thank amandaharris22
Thankyou for your review! we are so glad everything was perfect for you. All the team enjoyed working that evening and even more important you guys enjoyed it. Thank you again!
Bodmin, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic venue, food & service”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Recently went to a wedding reception held here. The room was decorated beautifully. Nothing was too much trouble for all the staff. Didn't have to wait long for the food and very quick service (there was approx.30 guests) and all food served together. Would highly recommend to all. Also been several times in past - absolutely the best!!!

2 Thank Samantha S
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
We very much appreciate your feedback! it was a lovely evening. The team will be thrilled to hear this!
Thankyou.