“Excellent!!”

Ranked #27 of 152 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Griggs' Restaurant is set in the heart of Cornish countryside and is adjacent to our Country Store. Offering a large dining area and cosy sofa's for a relaxed feel as well as the option to dine al fresco on our balcony while you enjoy some stunning rural views of the surrounding farmland. With ample free parking and good public transport links, access to the restaurant is via a short flight of stairs or by lift.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just moved to the area and was looking for somewhere great for lunch and I've found it! The food was fantastic, well cooked tasty and came in good time..the service was also immaculate..my friend is vegetarian and they had no problem accommodating her needs and making her a Sunday Roast dinner with just veg and her own meat free gravy!! I was very impressed! The dessert was to die for..if you like meringue this was the best I've had...all made on the premises, it had perfect amount of gooeyness! Also to top it off the owner Mr.Grigg himself introduced himself to us and checked we had enjoyed our meal. The atmosphere was lively and welcoming..overall a fab dining experience...it will be a regular place to visit from now on! :)

1  Thank ClareMason
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

It's really good to hear such a delightful review. I hope you do come back and visit us! whether its breakfast of afternoon tea. Thank you very much.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had late lunch and it was good. The food was excellent,the service better than the last time.The specials board very interesting and tempting. However there were some minor points that could have made the experience excellent.. We both found the cutlery difficult to handle. It was very good quality but found both the design and style awkward. It was very slim and was slipping out of our hands.We found it difficult to grip.And while it has become very popular I just wonder if the standards has slipped, particularly re building maintenance. Paint work on the walls as you come upstairs needs touching up,getting a little shabby also the skirting boards all around the lobby area dirty as if the floor polishing machine was rubbing against it. These are the little details that management need to get on top of to keep it to the standard they have set.So come on guys don't let this "Wonderful Eatery" fall below the standard we expect.

1  Thank Brendan B
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. Your comments are noted and we value all feedback we receive.
I hope we see you again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

very good food. And very friendly staff. Will go there again. Plenty to look at when there. Also there is good parking

1  Thank Sue C

Thank you for a lovely review. I will pass onto the team your comments.
See you again soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great for just a coffee or for a more leisurely meal. Loads of parking, great access for wheelchairs and prams. Coffee very good and reasonably priced. Fish and chips are the best I have tasted.

1  Thank Runtygit

Thank you for such a pleasant review. I will pass on your comment to the kitchen, they will be very pleased to hear this. I Hope you visit us again.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a large restaurant with many covers, but each table is big enough to accomodate those seated, and comfortable. There is also outdoor seating, which I would favour on a fine day or evening.
The menu is wide-ranging with plenty for vegetarians, and provides staples and the more special. The food was well presented, plentiful, fresh and good value. Lots of fresh ingredients, and an unusually varied and large feta salad which I highly recommend. A wide range of drinks, too.
I imagine this would be a wonderful place to find something to please most members of any group, however varied their tastes.
The service was friendly and obliging without being obtrusive.
My only (slight) reservation is about the acoustics of such a large hall - a little difficult for anyone with hearing problems. However, when we asked that the background music was turned down a little, it was done immediately, and with a smile.
Thank you for a lovely evening.

2  Thank Matilda881

Thank you very much for you lovely review. We do try and accommodate everyone. I do hope you visit us again shortly!