“Griggs Restaurant is Excellent”
Review of Griggs Restaurant

Griggs Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 148 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Griggs' Restaurant is set in the heart of Cornish countryside and is adjacent to our Country Store. Offering a large dining area and cosy sofa's for a relaxed feel as well as the option to dine al fresco on our balcony while you enjoy some stunning rural views of the surrounding farmland. With ample free parking and good public transport links, access to the restaurant is via a short flight of stairs or by lift.
“Griggs Restaurant is Excellent”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our first visit to the Griggs Restaurant was on 01 September. That first experience had been excellent and on this our return visit on 07 September we were very satisfied. The menu was extensive and the quality of our meal was excellent. We had a well prepared and delicious lasagne and fish & chips. Excellent value and well presented. The surroundings were comfortable and spacious and the staff were friendly and most attentive. The restaurant also has outside seating.
Anderson, Elie, Fife.

2 Thank Nfldlab
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us on both occasions. Our kitchen team try their utmost to deliver high quality, locally sourced, homemade food so they will really appreciate your comments. Thank you and we hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.

St Austell, United Kingdom
“Impromtu Saturday lunch turned in to a divine feast!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hubby and I were shopping in Griggs and decided we were hungry and didn't want to bother cooking on Saturday night - well what a great choice we made! Instead of a Thai Green Curry at home we were spoilt with Home reared Pork with Sweet Potato wedges followed by Ginger Cheese cake. Might not sound particulary exciting in this review but boy oh boy did it taste good! We've had a coffee and cake here before and I've had a lasgne or two with work colleagues, but Hubby hadn't eaten here before. They have got their menu just right, their special realy are special but if you want something more simple burgers, fish & chips, lasgne and such like are available. The price was good to! So all in all, worth a visit and will definately be going back - try stopping Hubby - the waitresses were all very friendly helpful and put up with his indecision, gently persuading him on his choices!

1 Thank MrsPJnr
Thank you so much for your lovely review, we are really pleased to hear that you both enjoyed your experience with us. I will pass your comments on to our team with regards to both the food and the service as they will appreciate them. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you
London
“Very yummy breakfast!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We always visit Griggs when staying at Bosinver, I have daughters who ride and a husband who shoots - therefore Griggs outdoor store is paradise to them all!

We were very happy when the restaurant opened last year and have visited several times since, for morning coffee, a quick lunch and most recently, breakfast. Two of us had bacon and egg rolls (huge and delicious), one the full Cornish (again, very nice) and the pancakes (very large and fluffy and fresh!). The sun was shining so we sat outside on their balcony.

Griggs does what it says on the tin in terms of a glorified garden centre cafe - but goes that little bit further. I wouldn't choose to come here for fine dining or a romantic meal, not even a Sunday lunch in all honesty - it lacks atmosphere in a large hangar-like space but what it does, it does well. With very friendly and helpful staff and superbly clean environment. And I particularly liked the fact that on the specials board when we visited was 'Mr Griggs home grown pulled pork' - nothing like local produce!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Princessgirl
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our restaurant. I am glad to hear that you all enjoyed your breakfast whilst taking in our lovely rural views! Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.
“Nice not great”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had heard and read on here lots of good things about Griggs. So decided to try them for Sunday lunch. I rang and booked which was all good, but the restaurant wasn't full so not really necessary.

The restaurant is nicely decorated and the tables well spaced, there is a balcony to sit out on too.

We all chose a roast from the Sunday menu and the service was so swift you would think we had called ahead with our order. In my opinion the meal was bland and tasteless. Plainly prepared vegetables with the only twist being some baby beetroot on the plate to accompany the meat.

There is a lot of competition locally for the Sunday lunch diner and I'm afraid when I'm paying for a family of four to go out then this was average compared to others. We didn't have a starter or dessert, so can't comment on those. Perhaps I need to try from the regular menu in future.

2 Thank WilkoCornwall_UK
Thank you for your recent review of your Sunday lunchtime visit with us. We are really sorry to hear that on this occasion your expectations were not met. We strive to offer good quality local produce at affordable prices. With regards to our service times, as all our meats are freshly cooked on the day and hand carved to order, it allows us to get our food to your table faster. We always suggest that booking a table is advisable, not a necessity. Thank you for your comments, we hope you will give us a second chance in the near future.
“Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't think of a better place to enjoy a meal with friends and family, I have used the new Griggs restaurant a couple of times now and on both occasions it has been faultless, great service with friendly waiting staff, superb meal with real attention to detail being made on the presentation and every time I have been here there is always a real buzz in the air with full tables! ( always a good sign to see a busy eatery!!) I have not yet had a visit where I have been able to sample the cakes due to my eyes bigger than belly syndrome but they look amazing and can't wait to see if they taste as good as they look!!! All in all a great addition to st Austell, well done to all involved and we will be back!.........alot! :)

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank Woodster27
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your amazing review of your visit with us! We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed a number of visits with us. We really appreciate your comments, and I will pass these on to our team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.