“Fantastic Restaurant!”

Ranked #22 of 154 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Griggs' Restaurant is set in the heart of Cornish countryside and is adjacent to our Country Store. Offering a large dining area and cosy sofa's for a relaxed feel as well as the option to dine al fresco on our balcony while you enjoy some stunning rural views of the surrounding farmland. With ample free parking and good public transport links, access to the restaurant is via a short flight of stairs or by lift.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We’ve visited the restaurant last week and had an excellent meal in delightful surroundings, with very attentive and friendly waiting staff. We strongly recommend this new restaurant to anybody passing by St Austell.

Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent review, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I wasn't expecting much to be fair - BUT i was amazed, it was packed & for a good reason - it good food at good prices with excellent service.
I had the burger - wow what a burger and I will have it again next time we go, my fella had the caesar salad a nice big bowl!! we had a couple of drinks and the bill was just over £20.
A wonderful busy atmosphere & the staff seemed so calm but was working so hard - Well done the Griggs Team, can't wait to return.....!!!

2  Thank shazzaramma

Thank you very much for your lovely comments, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. As we make all the dishes ourselves it enables us to pass our savings onto our customers which is never a bad thing! Thank you very much, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been now on a couple of occasions with both family and friends. This time I ordered the burger and chips. Well what arrived was fantastic. It tasted absolutely delicious with a serving of the most amazing chips I've had in a long time. Unfortunately it left no room for desert ! I will be back again without a shadow of a doubt!!

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Thank you for your lovely comments, I will pass them on to our kitchen team of which they will be glad to hear as they make all the burgers by hand. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

It was my mum's birthday and I wanted to take her somewhere we hadnt been and had been told to try griggs. Well my overall experience was fantastic we were both very pleased and look forward to returning. Great disabled access with a lift right at the front. Was greeted straight away and shown to a table. Food was so tasty I had roasted Mediterranean vegatable lasagne and salad this was so tasty and fresh. Mum had macaroni cheese and chips these were as amazing as all the reviews say best chips ever tasted. Then had blueberry creme brule stunning. Value was definitely worth it not to expensive on average with other places atmosphere was lovely looking forward to going back thank you x

2  Thank cheryl carthew
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visit with us. We try our best to keep our prices low and competitive as much of our menu is homemade it allows us to be able to pass our savings onto our customers. We are glad you liked the chips, it is very important to have a good chip! Thank you for your comments, I will pass these on to the kitchen, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had our fifth meal at Grigg's today as we wanted to try the Sunday lunch. We were not disappointed. The beef was tender, the vegetables were fresh and not overcooked and the gravy was tasty. We thought it was good value. John was delighted to find Plum Pudding on the menu for dessert so once again we came away very satisfied.

2  Thank Linda H

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch with us. I will pass on your comments to the kitchen regarding desserts, they work hard to produce a wide range of homemade desserts and will be pleased to hear of your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you