“Saturday 8th Feb 2014”

Trebonney Fish And Chip Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 147 Restaurants in St Austell
Description: http://www.eatoutcornwall.com/restaurants/st-austell/trebonney-fish-and-chip-restaurant.html
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Saturday 8th Feb 2014”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Visited this chip shop on my way home on Saturday, and what a visit it was! Although queued out the door when I arrived, I had my order in about 10 minutes. Lovely fish and chips, cooked how they should be, even when this busy! Will be visiting again very soon.

Roche, United Kingdom
“Consistently good.”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Being new to TripAdvisor I thought I'd check out how my favourite places have done with reviews. I was so surprised to see the bad ones on Trebonney. I have been a regular customer for several years and can honestly say I have never been disappointed. The food is aways fresh and cooked well and the staff are always really friendly and smiley. They were taken over by new owners a while back but still more or less the same faces I see. Never seen the new owners. So thank you to the staff for always looking after me and I hope your other happy customers will leave more good reviews for you soon.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Fish Again - disappointing”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Third time to the shop and no fish again, had run out, feel sorry for the staff working there appears not enough fish being ordered. The previous time it had run out there was a whole long list of things that had run out. I am local and have never known it run out before. Please make sure there is enough fish, after all it is a fish and chip shop!!! Had to resort to other local fish and chip shops all three times

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jubes1234
duncan j, Owner at Trebonney Fish And Chip Restaurant, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
jubes1234, I am sorry you were disappointed, on the day you visited us, we had been extremely busy, which was not predicted and could not have been forseen, also at 7.45pm, and so close to closing time, there will always be a chance that cod has sold out. We always try to prepare enough fish fresh each day, to ensure the freshness and quality is as high as possible, so unfortunately the issue is not related to ordering, we have to plan ahead, and cod is always cut prior to opening each morning. We also have other fish available, such as Hake, (a white fish of the cod family and very tasty) Haddock, Plaice (battered or breaded) Rock Salmon, Scallops and cod roe, which is possibly the largest selection of fish available in the area, we also take telephone orders, so if you are intending to visit us later on, you are very welcome to call and reserve your order for collection at your convenience, I appreciate your custom and feedback, and I hope you will continue to visit us, and take advantage of phoning your order in advance. Kind regards, Trebonney Management.
Roche, United Kingdom
“BAD SERVICE”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Visited this establishment on TUESDAY 14TH JAN at just shy of 8PM. WAS Told they were closing as had run out of stock.. the shop was supposed to close 8.30. THE girl on duty said'' Well, we do have homes to go to you know ''
If this shop had enough stock, the girl would have had to be there, working. What a very unfriendly/unhelpful attitude this female had to customers who were in this shop at this time.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank louisa w
duncan j, Owner at Trebonney Fish And Chip Restaurant, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Our opening hours are Monday - Thursday 11.30 - 13.45 and 16.45 - 20.00, Friday and Saturday evenings we close at 20.30. So the fact that you arrived around closing time, is why the shop was closing. In order to keep the quality of our food as high and fresh as possible, (fish doesn't stay fresh for long) we prepare everything fresh each day, We have been very busy, and arriving at closing time? its no surprise there would not be much left, at 8pm on a Tuesday in January. I have spoken to all staff who were on duty that night and they have no recollection of your experience, and considering you have left a poor review previously, but you have not left any other reviews, would suggest you are BOGUS, however if not, please feel free to call into the shop and discuss your experience in detail, I would be more than happy to discuss matters with you. We go to great lengths and expense to ensure our food s of the highest quality, by using the best cooking mediums, the best quality fish and potatoes, all staff are trained to ensure our food is always fresh and of high quality, so complaints are very rare indeed.
Bury St Edmunds, UK
“Recommended!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We simply happened to pass this fish and chips shop on our way home.
The portion size is very large and the fish tasted very nice. Nothing to complain. Price seemed reasonable too.

• Visited October 2013