A lovely setting, generally helpful staff except dining room, excellent breakfast, free WIFI....... but a few niggles stop it being a 5 star rating on this occasion.
1. Really hard pillows, despite guff in the hotel information about superb pillow options. I asked for a change but the new ones were no better.
2. Spa was excellent with really nice pool, but very pokey men's changing room
3. No flexibility over where to sit in the restaurant and although we were with 3 other people we could not sit with them for Sunday breakfast despite asking.
4.Paid an extra £20 per night for sea view but windows were small and given it was winter this was not worth it. Room was not big enough to sit in to admire the view anyway
5.Some agro in the booking process about the deposit that had been paid, which had to be sorted out and took time to do so.
The price included a round of golf a day, which we did not use and full use of the Spa, which I used for half and hour. If one were to make full use of these and had an inland room for £65 pp. per night then it would be a bargain, and certainly 5 star, despite the niggles.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Carlyon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carlyon Bay Hotel St Austell
- Carlyon Bay St Austell
- Carlyon Bay Hotel St Austell
- The Carlyon Bay St Austell, Cornwall