We booked 2 nights at Boscundle Manor using a deal which included dinner on the first night and breakfast both mornings. We had been in two minds about staying in St Austell but felt this was the right deal at the right time for us and allowed easy access to the Eden Project.
We did get a bit lost finding the place! When you turn up the road from the A390 (opposite the garden centre as mentioned in their directions), don't turn into Boscundle Close like we did! A little further along up the road there is another turning on the left which is clearly sign posted - we simply hadn't gone that far. Parking might be an issue if there are lots of guests staying but we got a space no problem when we arrived and took in the lovely surroundings. It's quite splendid inside too - very cosy and clean and were met by David who checked us in and showed us around. We were upgraded too, at no extra cost - we originally expected to be in the Jasmine Room but were given the Louisa room, which was very comfortable and had a separate bathroom.
The room itself was very clean and offered a nice view out the front of the building, so could keep an eye on the car! Tea and coffee in the room, fridge in the cupboard, TV with good reception, ironing board/press so everything handy. Plus complimentary fruit and biscuits which was a nice touch. The bathroom though - wow! Large and clean bath, gorgeous towels and robes and we enjoyed the bubbles.
Dinner was interesting. We had drinks and canapés in the bar area before being shown through to the dining area and enjoyed a lovely 3 course meal. It's not often we dine in that sort of environment or surroundings so made for a nice change for us. The food was delicious. Breakfast is served in the conservatory which makes for a nice bright place to start the day. Plenty of fruit juices, cereals and pastries available and a nice full English breakfast.
Any drinks or extras you have outside of your package will be charged on check-out. Not sure if that applies for everyone but might be worth bearing in mind if you wonder whether you need to settle the dinner or drinks bills.
Little difficult to review on only 2 nights but a great comfy bed, clean room and bathroom, lovely food and service (everyone we met said Hello and were quite friendly) made for a great short stay. Thank you Boscundle Manor!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just one mile from Cornwall's famous Eden project and set in 3 acres of its own private, quiet grounds, Boscundle Manor truly is a wonderful oasis in which to relax and unwind. The first thing you notice is that the building really is as pretty as it looks in the pictures and the welcome you get from the staff right through to the complimentary pot of tea and slice of cake, puts you instantly at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Boscundle Manor Hotel Restaurant and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscundle Manor Hotel Restaurant St Austell
- Boscundle Manor St Austell
- Boscundle Manor Hotel Restaurant And Spa St Austell, Cornwall