“Great Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I visited with my wife on Sun 5 May 2013. The poppadoms I find are really important to get right in Indian restaurant's to set the correct standard for the rest of the meal. However everything came out of the kitchen superbly including a great Nan Bread through to the main course- We were too full for the pudding. The quality & content could not be faulted-Unfortunately we live in Sheffield, otherwise this restaurant would be on our regular Indian-Bangladeshi restaurant list to visit.

• Visited May 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent takeaway”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The takeaway is very good. Food was prepared quickly and very tasty. Staff are very friendly.
Overall this is good value for money with lovely food.
Will be back agin.

• Visited April 2013
Cornwall
“Another excellent meal at The Taste of India!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Really can't speak for the other reviewers but I can say that I have eaten here may times and I really have not had a bad meal yet - and that is the honest truth.

The restaurant is small and friendly and the service is really excellent very friendly and welcoming

As for the menu, whilst not extensive it does cover pretty much every taste
And the food is very tasty, fresh and well portioned If I am honest it is as good, if not better than my previous favourite, the Taj

Would I come again? Absolutely!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank sdcsmith2000
Todmorden, United Kingdom
“A truly tasty curry!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It was my last night in St Austell and I'd had a long and eventful day. With a lot of walking, hurrying uphill and waiting around for buses - all with a heavy backpack - I was ready for a good meal somewhere close to my B&B in St Austell. After a bland curry selection I had in Looe a while back, I wasn't ready to sample Indian food in Cornwall again, but I gave the Taste of India a try. I'm glad I did! It was still early in the evening and the place was empty when I arrived so I was given the full attention of the courteous waiter, who took my coat and brought me my glass of wine almost immediately. Soon other customers arrived but this did not keep the waiter from making sure that I had everything I wanted - he was busy, but not flustered. He may be the only waiter but on the other hand it was a Thursday so probably not one of their busiest nights. The house wine was excellent, rich but not too oak-y, and the poppadums were HUGE! The accompanying condiments were fresh and tasty. For my main course I ordered the Chicken Jalfrezi (spelt 'jalfrazi' on the menu) with plain rice and it was absolutely delicious - full of flavour, with just the right amount of spiciness and in a lovely rich sauce. The mood of the restaurant was perfect, quiet with the soft buzz of conversation and the not-too-intrusive Indian music. It is in a rather odd location, doesn't look too attractive from the outside, but do not be put off. It is well worth a visit; the cost was very reasonable and I shall certainly visit there again next time I am back in St Austell.

• Visited April 2013
“Friendly service with quality foods”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Visited last monday for dinner & have a wonderful evening. The only waiter gave one of the most polite friendly service we've experienced that was attentive as he was also receiving customer phone call. The food was unusual and tasty with quality. look forward to visiting again...........