“Not quite average takeaway”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of East Meets West

East Meets West
Ranked #103 of 144 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.chineserestaurantinstaustell.co.uk/By far the best and tastiest Chinese food in the town and should be represented
“Not quite average takeaway”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Got a takeout with friends, never had one from here before and I wasn't overly impressed. Greasy prawn crackers, congealed rice and borderline ok main. Adding to the fact it was slightly pricier than others more local it's not worth the trip out to Carlyon Bay.

Don't think I'll be returning when there are many better options closer to home.

St Austell
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Three excellent occasions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I have had three meals here in the last four weeks. The first two were with immediate family and the last with four friends.On all occasions we had really tasty food, served hot and quickly. The service was excellent, friendly, courteous and very good humoured. The seating was comfortable and spacious and the music unobtrusive. Our family thoroughly enjoyed their meals and our friends thought it a fantastic evening and all at a reasonable price! We shall certainly go again, and soon!

• Visited February 2014
Neath, United Kingdom
“Disappointing :(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

the service was terrible and the staff were very rude and abrupt. with the buffet if you have any left overs they weigh them and charge you £5 per 500g when the buffet was £15 to start with. the food was nice but that was the only positive

Visited February 2014
1 Thank morgan s
St Austell, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sloppy....Rude...and Intentionally Misleading....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Having recently moved to the area we were looking for another good Chinese. This is the closest one to us, so we gave it a try despite some poor reviews. we collected our first order. Starters were good and standard quality. The mains were tasteless, and ended up in the bin. A few weeks later it's Valentines night and with 2 babies we decide on another night in, but thought we would give it another try to be fair....ordering different items....we collected our order, but it was a shambles, the order was wrong, people who ordered after us got their order before us, and we waited nearly an hour....and the recompense was a bag of prawn crackers. the starters were ok again, the crispy duck was ok. My partner vomited though the night. Like a fool, and unable to drive but fancying a take away, I thought "3rd time lucky"...and called to order a delivery....after a torcherous address debacle where I was told my house didn't exist by the girl, I managed to place my order...to be told "that will be cash on collection", I asked couldn't I pay on card as you can everywhere, and in the restaurant. "NO CASH ONLY ON DELIVERY" was barked down the phone. I mentioned that it doesn't mention this on their flyer/menu, are you sure I can't pay on card or cheque...to be told "So you will be cancelling your order then or what?"....so that was it, order cancelled, no take away and no return....poor food, poor attention to detail, poor service....the bad reviews on this place seem to be well founded. Such a shame.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Helen N
Par, United Kingdom
“It's gone down hill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This used to be the best takeaway around! Had this Chinese as a special treat for valentines and it was really horrible! The BBQ ribs were fatty and in a gelatinous orange sauce that tasted like sweet and sour. The satay chicken was very pink/bordering under cooked and gummy. The vegetarian mixed starter was nice but very greasy. I won't be returning again. Such a shame