“Excellent all round”

Ranked #4 of 152 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An informal bistro style dining experience on the outskirts of St austell, serving amazingly fresh local fish & shell fish, meltingly tender Cornish steaks and interesting European dishes. We look forward to welcoming you...
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We were impressed by the variety of food on offer, the generous portion sizes and reasonable prices. Would definitely return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Hadn't been here for a long time, as it went up and down in it's standards a few years ago, so was pleasantly suprised at the alterations that had been done. Very friendly staff, and the food was cooked beautifully. As a vegetarian though, I thought the menu could have had a little more choice, but what I had was delicious. As it was peak holiday time, the place was exceptionally busy and so very noisy, and I personally feel that the tables are a little too 'packed in' and close together. The smell from the next tables mussells turned my stomach as they were so close.
But for food quality, service and price for the meals of that standard, I cannot fault it.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here plenty of times but have been eager to go and try the BBQ menu on a Sunday night, and we weren't disappointed. Great menu plenty to choose from staff great as always. I had the notorious P.I.G which was a giant hot dog topped with pulled pork served with chilli topped chips and my wife had the ribs which I tried and were tender, sticky and smoky absolutely perfect. Pudding consisted of an apple crumble sundae topped with giant marshmallow which again was delicious, I couldn't fault a thing the whole evening and with so much to chose from we will be back to try more.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Heard lots of great things about this place so decided to visit whilst visiting family. Firstly the service was excellent, even with a full house.
Main reason for booking on the Sunday was the pull of a BBQ menu with enticing items such as pulled pork which was described as "pit cooked'. It sounded a great choice of menus to cater for all tastes. But maybe that was the issue to much choice as something has to give. Sadly the BBQ food was just not up to it. Very greasy and the skin on chips just didn't seem freshly cooked. However the folks who had dishes from the main menu were not disappointed. The fish was fresh and beautifully presented. So for us it was mixed. Would I go again probably yes but I would be giving the BBQ menu a miss.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a modern and very stylish restaurant with excellent food. I had an excellent crab linguine (perhaps the best ever) while my wife had had blade of beef which she similarly declared to be one of the best ever. Highly recommended for any time but particularly for that special meal.