“Fantastic Christmas Meal”

Ranked #5 of 152 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An informal bistro style dining experience on the outskirts of St austell, serving amazingly fresh local fish & shell fish, meltingly tender Cornish steaks and interesting European dishes. We look forward to welcoming you...
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We went to Kingswood for a christmas celebration and it was fantastic! The 4 of us were very impressed with the standard of food and service. The soup starter had the most amazing flavour ever & I am a big soup fan so often fussy. The Roast turkey was beautifully cooked and the beef melted in the mouth (we shared our meat as too good to stick to one!) and as for the pudding, well I thought I had died and gone to heaven! The milk chocolate pot with salted caramel was truly delicious. The staff were very friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend this restaurant and cannot wait to go again. Many Thanks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed December 8, 2013

After visiting the kingswood on two separate occasions in the last month I feel the need to write and thank you all for a fantastic meal and service on both visits. Keep up the good work and we will be back very soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Have been here probably 6 times now in the last couple of years inbetween being in London and Cornwall. I can honestly say that my whole family, all their friends and other people in the restaurant couldnt get enough of the food. The 24 hour cooked blade of beef in red wine sauce, I could eat over and over again, the dauphinoise (spelling) potatoes are out of this world. According to my family, the other dishes were top quality as well!

Ive been to tons of "excellent" restaurants in the big smoke but I can say for certain that I always enjoy the food at Kingswood more. I think its better. I feel priviedged to have this restaurant in my home town. Cant wait to go next! Too often people come on here because they think they are someone important and slate restaurants (probably got nothing better to do). I could give you 100 people i know that have been and 100% would agree that everything about Kingswood is quality.See you soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Thought the place was excellent , the staff excellent, the food was very nice , but didn't think much of the SMASH potato.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

After planning for our daughter's 40th birthday we were very disappointed with the quality of the food, service, attitude and atmosphere. We were instructed to place orders before arrival and this proved to be difficult being that it was a surprise, we cannot understand why this had to happen as there were only two other tables being used not a full restaurant. The food portions were an absolute disgrace only fit for children. Turkey etc came plated with a small bowl of mixed veg. We provided balloons, banners and table clothes to be able to sprinkle table confetti as the manager informed me that this would damage their tables!! The table clothes weren't used the balloons were left to fly around on the table, the banners were nowhere in sight. When the birthday cake arrived to the table it was just dumped in front of her but by this time the sparklers etc had gone out, there were no plates left or even a knife to cut it, we had to ask for this! We were led to believe this is a reputable restaurant this is why it was chosen but on reflection it was a bad choice. There are far better restaurants in and around St Austell that give better service and quality, and value for money.

4  Thank jan w