“Great Meal & Service”

Ranked #12 of 154 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An informal bistro style dining experience on the outskirts of St austell, serving amazingly fresh local fish & shell fish, meltingly tender Cornish steaks and interesting European dishes. We look forward to welcoming you...
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Went to Kingwood last night very busy but very efficiently run. I had the burger my wife had roasted cod both were fantastic. Highly recommended for a very filling meal in nice surroundings.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,237)

Reviewed October 18, 2013

A thoroughly enjoyable experience from start to finish. Lovely clean and bright décor. A friendly welcome. The bar and waiting on staff were so helpful, efficient and obliging - nothing was too much trouble for them and everything was done with a smile. They were all cheerful and approachable and performed their tasks very professionally. The food was exceptional - very tasty and good portions with just the right amount of time between courses. There were 10 of us and nobody had any complaints. On a personal note, I was allowed to add a glass to my collection of Cornish ones - only after proper consultations and negotiations had been made, I hasten to add! Also I was able to express our thanks personally to the chef as I feel they rarely get the eye- to- eye praise their efforts so often deserve. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to others. (Sorry - can't answer some of the questions later in this survey)

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very good food, excellent service, apart from my wife's starter the food was excellent. Will definitely being going back.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nice decor and friendly staff, Taken through to our table and we'd barely been seated before the starters appeared, nice potted crab had to ask for more drinks though.
Instead of a nice break in between the main came straight out we'd barely been there 3/4 of an hour, if I wanted fast food we'd have gone to Macy D's!! Plus side lovely steaks well cooked although the peppercorn sauce was more like runny cream with a few peppercorns in it.
Plus and minus on this occasion I'm afraid, it was an extremely busy service so maybe the staff just wanted everyone done!! Probably give it another go at a later date .

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Had an excellent night with friends at the Kingswood. The food was good and the night enjoyable. The only eak fault was that the service was quite slow. We were in no real rush but seemed to be constantly waiting for drinks to be replenished between courses.
Overall we would go again but probably just order a couple of bottles of wine.