“Relaxed environment and good food.”

Kingswood Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 152 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An informal bistro style dining experience on the outskirts of St austell, serving amazingly fresh local fish & shell fish, meltingly tender Cornish steaks and interesting European dishes. We look forward to welcoming you...
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Had an excellent night with friends at the Kingswood. The food was good and the night enjoyable. The only eak fault was that the service was quite slow. We were in no real rush but seemed to be constantly waiting for drinks to be replenished between courses.
Overall we would go again but probably just order a couple of bottles of wine.

There are newer reviews for Kingswood Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My OH booked this restaurant as a surprise for a special occasion. We arrived and they were very keen to rush us to our table but we wanted a quick drink in the bar first and it was obvious they weren't too keen on us doing this.
When seated at our table we were completely ignored though it wasn't busy and there seemed to be a lot of staff around not doing very much. Our order was taken incredibly quickly and then disappeared before we had a chance to order wine. We tried to get the attention of the the staff aimlessly walking past but the seemed intent on playing the game of ignoring the customer. The shine was rapidly disappearing from our special occasion!
Our food when it arrived was well cooked, and well presented but again nobody came near our table to check back.
We left after our main course feeling very disappointed with the service or lack of in this instance.
A decent restaurant manager and some customer service training would make all the difference in this place.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I've heard a lot about this place, both locally and from tripadvisor so was looking forward to going. It's a nice place. The staff were attentive and polite and the decoration pleasant. As someone with a big appetite I have to say I was very impressed by the portion sizes. It is not
unknown for me to have planned what to have in the evening after going out for lunch. This was no exception, but my back up grub is still in the fridge. Value for money then this place is pretty impressive.

Great food, good menu, comfortable and very tidy surroundings. It serves Peroni which is where my bar experience ended, but I think there is a good selection.

I'm not sure why critics get paid for what they do, I do it for nothing and so does everyone on tripadvisor and the main reason I was looking forward to going was because of the reviews.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

After seeing the reviews we decided to give the Kingswood a try on the Steak & Shellfish night and only just managed to get a table as we didn't book. The restaurant is spotlessly clean and a lovely place to eat and chat. The food was cooked perfectly, the only slight negative was the food being over seasoned. I'd be happy to return but would ask for less seasoning.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had a amazing evening, on arrival we had a nice greeting by a friendly member of staff made us feel very welcome. Lots of selection on the menu to choose from , the service and food exceeded all expectations I had ! Will 100% be returning to the kingswood :)