“Best restaurant I've been to in a long time!”

Kingswood Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 144 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, British
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An informal bistro style dining experience on the outskirts of St austell, serving amazingly fresh local fish & shell fish, meltingly tender Cornish steaks and interesting European dishes. We look forward to welcoming you...
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant I've been to in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I can't fault Kingswood at all - every time I've been the food has been lovely! The menu has changed SLIGHTLY this year since the refurbishment (extra bar space!), but all the dishes are still wonderful. I'm not overly keen on the selection of deserts now though, but the main courses are wonderful. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Visited February 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were greeted by a freindly waitress who asked us to take a seat in the lounge area where we could look through the menu and order our drinks. I could not decide what to order so she recommended the Slow roast sticky pork belly, WOW it was the best food I have ever eaten. The service was spot on and all the staff were happy. As soon as we returned to our hotel we were telling everyone how great the food was. I would definatley recommend a visit and hopefully I will return one day, as unfortunately its a bit far to travel (from South Birmingham) just to have dinner!!

“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent and the service was good although a bit too attentive at times. Were not rushed through our meal and the courses were served in a reasonable time. It is a bit pricey but as a special occasion we expected it. Only two minor moans, why do restaurants serve rock solid butter which cannot be spread without ripping bread apart and secondly seated near the kitchen and service area meant constant passing traffic of the staff and when they were not so busy listening to the latest gossip between staff - not ideal when trying to have an intimate meal

Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another treat at the Kingswood Bar and Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I visited The Kingswood this Saturday and enjoyed a marvellous meal together. As previously, we were very well attended to by the staff. We enjoyed sitting in the lounge area, having a drink, whilst deciding what to eat. I had been looking forward to the steak meal since our last time (the best steak I had ever tasted!), and was not disappointed. My wife tried the sticky pork, and would certainly recommend it to others to try!
For desert I had the luxurious chocolate mousse - delicious! and my wife had the carrot cake and sauce - and wants the recipe!!!! I am looking forward to our next visit already.

“great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

A lovely menu , I really didnt know what to choose , what is nice is that you can have small portions of certain dishes. The food was great. Staff very friendly. The wine is very reasonable. A lovely place to eat , as a couple , with friends or as a family.