“Heaven”

Ranked #6 of 152 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An informal bistro style dining experience on the outskirts of St austell, serving amazingly fresh local fish & shell fish, meltingly tender Cornish steaks and interesting European dishes. We look forward to welcoming you...
Reviewed December 17, 2012

2nd visit to Kingswood for our Xmas works do and couldn't fault it ... The food service staff and environment was excellent well done

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I guess that rating a restaurant during Christmas party season can be flawed, but some things should remain consistent.
The food, a set meal was very tasty, well presented and portion sizes good. I had lamb and it was really tender and a good portion too. Fish, turkey, everything was looking good.
Service was hard to judge. We had the misfortune of being a party of 14 in a restaurant taken over by a party of 60 plus. So waiting for our turn to be served was longer than I would have expected. But when it was our turn, the service was polite and fast.
It was when the party of 60, decided it was time to sing Christmas Carols badly, I knew it was time to go home! I would imagine most days of the year this would not be an issue, so I would like to try is again away from party season. If the lamb was anything to go by, this would be a meat lovers treat.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

After eating at the Kingswood on many occasions and always enjoying the warm atmosphere first class food and service, my wife and I decided to book our wedding reception there. We were not let down! 89 guests left having enjoyed two courses of lovely food and great service. The hospitality was second to none, everyone was made to feel welcome and it was very children freindly. Our guests are still raving over the quality of the food and Im sure those that live in the area will be re-visiting. I truely cannot express how much I would recommend The Kingswood Restaurant.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our gang enjoyed a wonderful evening on the 8th December at the Kingswood. The food was superb and reasonably priced, the staff extremely friendly and helpful, all making for a wonderful ambiance. We will be back. Malcolm Christie.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stopped by here on the way back to London (from St. Ives, Cornwall) and had a lovely Sunday lunch. They were very busy and we hadn't booked ahead, but they were extremely warm and accommodating to us and managed to fit us in. Incredibly good service, nice food - would definitely come back here again.