“Well worth a visit”

Ranked #6 of 151 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An informal bistro style dining experience on the outskirts of St austell, serving amazingly fresh local fish & shell fish, meltingly tender Cornish steaks and interesting European dishes. We look forward to welcoming you...
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Excellent food and well presented. Service is very good and staff very aware of the customer. Decor fresh and clean - a great find - thank you

There are newer reviews for Kingswood Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Kingswood Restaurant

It was our sheer luck that we were recommended to go to the Kingswood.

What a fantastic Sunday Lunch, superb smoked salmon starter, proper roast potatoes, wonderful veggies and the suede, I’ve never liked suede but it was ‘done differently’ and it was gorgeous. The roast beef, perfect for my taste and plenty of it. All washed down with a good choice Merlot and finished off with an elderflower and fruit jelly.

My mouth is watering writing this review, I hope yours is too, better still go down to the Kingswood, as we were told when it was recommended to us, ‘you won’t be disappointed’.

1  Thank Geoffinthekennel
Reviewed August 16, 2012

where do I begin?! everything, from entering to leaving is 100% perfection, and this was my 4th time. Im not just writing about my food, or drink, but my overall whole experince at The Kingswood Restaurant.

The surroundings are just right, comfortable seating in lounge and restaurant, lighting is very intune to the mood at time of day, music is perfect, seating is positioned well and from beginning to end i am just comfortable! (and im currently over 6 months pregnant!)

The service from the first instance is faultless, completely attentive, warm, homly, professional and so knowledgable about their product as a whole. Grant is an absolute blessing - so 100% all of the time and truly and genuinely cares for each and every person within the restaurant, but saying that, every member of staff is a credit, the whole team are just so wonderful, and really creates that difference in service in comparrison to any other place I know.

The menu is well thought out, a great local/Cornish selection, without it being too mind boggoling!! it is simple, clear, a perfect amount of choice, and me being a Veggie I am always catered for, even if something is not on the menu, the amazing chef's always create something if asked too. The portions are just yummie!! and the presentation is devine! I just love this restaurant!! prices are smack on what you would expect for some really gorgeous posh nosh! but if im being honest, the prices really are lower than average...so because of that were even more lucky!

For me I have only had dining experiences here, but i have time and time again thought of booking The Kingswood for a group celebration dinner, Christmas, New Year etc etc because I love the feeling when you just know you have that perfect place you can always rely on.
One thing I have to try next is a delicous Lunch! I was in the loo and spotted the day time lunch menu and it looks superb! they also have a gorgeous decking area outside for sunny days which I will try too.

If you are local to St Austell, or visiting Cornwall, looking for a place to hold a ladys lunch, or dinner meeting, anything!!! I really can recommend this place to you, there is no other place like it and I have lived in Cornwall 29 years!

100% Perfect all round.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Had dinner "on spec" late back from a Monday beach trip, rushing around on hols...what a pleasant surprise it was! Greeted with a smile and seated in a lovely bright lounge area to look through the Menu and have that necessary apero! Not only is the selection stylish, with a combination of cooking styles from Europe, the USA and Asia, but the food itself is served in a truly stylish way. So good, we went back on our last night, the Friday...our family of 4 (including two fussy teenagers) all tried different dishes, so 8 dishes (starters & mains) were tried in all & every dish was delicious, presented Gordon Ramsay style and just the right portion size too! A very decent wine list and great beer selections also sampled. What a discovery, would eat there most nights next time! Prices excellent, BTW, which is another reason to keep going back! Well done Kingswood, just finishing your 1st year in business, we reckon many more to come - any chance of opening one in Bucks, please:-)

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

This is now easily my favourite restaurant in Cornwall. So Many excellent dishes to choose from, pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. Keep it up