“Fantastic food and service”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #52 of 152 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Fantastic evening for mums 70th birthday, they couldn't have been more helpful, service was great and the food was really lovely too.

There are newer reviews for Taj Mahal

Reviewed July 30, 2012

my sister my self and our 2 downtrodden husbands where staying in st austell for a few day to visit the eden project, we where in asda and asked the girl if they could recommend a good indian restaurant in st austell they recommend the taj in victoria rd, the waiter was very helpful told us about all the curry (how hot and such) the food was amazing never had such a tasty curry.
we live in bristol and have been to many indian resturants but none as good as this one.
i would recommend it to anyone visiting st austell. first class

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is one of my favoriate resturants in St Austell. It has been revampted in the last few years, but the standard of food goes up and up. Being a veggie and having allergies is not a problem for the chief. He cooks what I ask for and it is always to a high standard and very plentiful. I often go home with the left overs to have the next day for tea. There is a lot of care and attention given to detail. Flannels and oranges after the main course. It is an alcohol free resturant but they allow you to bring in wines and beers. No uncorking fee too which is a bonus. The staff are lovely and the owner is a gem. I cannot recommend this resturant more highly. They also have a take away menu and also deliver in the local area

Reviewed July 14, 2012

When I booked the guy who took the booking was very polite, efficient and friendly.

We were allowed to bring our own drinks with no corkage charge which was awesome.

The food was fantastic and the service was very good.

We were on holiday camping when we found this place and I'd highly recommend it to anyone!

2  Thank HolidayDave2012
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Seven of us ate their last eve, poppodams and spices to start followed by dishes of rice, naan breads and various curries. Plentiful and very tasty. Take your own drink so brings the cost down. Service was attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Excellent dining experience and will return again soon.

1  Thank JeannieMay67