“Really lovely Sunday lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Polgooth Inn

Polgooth Inn
Ranked #2 of 142 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Award winning cosy Cornish pub situated in a beautiful valley near St Austell and the Eden Project serving great food, wine,ale, and coffee.
Truro, England, United Kingdom
“Really lovely Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Thank goodness the Polgooth Inn take reservations in advance!

Probably now our 4th/5th visit to the pub and yet again, the food was excellent and loads of it too! Very busy Sunday lunch and the place wad buzzing.

As usual, the staff were all really friendly at the bar and impressed how quickly (and hot) the food was served.

My tip: Really like sitting in the horseshoe shape booths as you come in at the bar as usually 5 or 6 of us in our party. Whenever I have rung up in advance to reserve a table and ask for one of these tables, we have always been lucky enough to have got one of these and appreciate having our request granted! Thank you Polgooth Inn, we will be back again!! :-)

• Greek first
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Excellent value and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were introduced to this pub about 2 years ago and have been back several times. The food may lack the 100% polish of more expensive gastro pubs, but it is hearty, tasty and the portions are man sized. It also has a good selection of beers to wash the food down with. The atmosphere is friendly, and the staff welcoming.
I would recommend getting there early. The specials are limited and popular ones start to run out by 7:30.

• Visited November 2012
Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
“A good pub lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Nice atmosphere, we sat by the open fire. Staff were attentive and my husband's ploughmans lunch was both generous and varied. I had the mussels and they were lovely. Overall quite pricey but generous portions and it is dog friendly.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“A fabulous find in Cornwall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Wanted to find a lovely place for a birthday lunch whilst we were holidaying in Cornwall. After finding the Polgooth on Tripadvisor, I called them to organise a Sunday roast for 22 of us and that's all I needed to do. They sorted everything out from the cake to the decorations. They were welcoming, the service was exceptional and to top it all the food was delicious! I would consider myself a 'fussy customer' and not one to normally write reviews, but I really felt the need to give this wonderful pub/restaurant credit for the afternoon we spent there, and a special mention for Tanya! Thank you for making our day so special.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Just a little disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

First time here even though I am local. Daughters birthday so there was several adults. Nice location and nice ambience inside with plenty of character. The carpet was disgusting though and needs replacing.
I had heard the food was excellent and certainly the menu had plenty of choice as well as daily specials, however not everything was available. The service was fast and polite and the meals arrived in good time and together. I did have to send my meal back as the sweet potato mash was tepid at best and then had to wait 5 minutes for a replacement, so everyone else was half way through while I sat there watching them eat. On the whole it was probably pretty good. Quality pub food with a decent portion that fills you up. The food was tasty, but I think just a little overpriced for a pub, which is why I expected better having eaten in many places around the county. My son had the large fish and chips which was massive, we thought it was a whale, but he left all the batter. He said it was too thick and stodgy and to be honest it looked liked someone's broken arm cast had been removed and was left on the plate once he had eaten the contents. My daughter ate her medium portion all up batter and all. My wife thought her curry was too watery. So Mixed feelings around the table, but mostly minor things. On the whole it's a nice place to go. I am just not sure it grabbed me enough to make it a regular thing and force me away from my usual haunts.