“Did not cater for half our family” 1 of 5 bubbles

Frankie & Benny's
Ranked #93 of 142 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, European, Diner
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
cornwall
“Did not cater for half our family”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Came for breakfast but offered no gluten free meals shocking in the 21st century!

Rest of food ok but kids said they would have preferred to eat at home, waste of money!

1 Thank gemkev78

St Austell, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Italian food with great atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

For my dad's birthday six of us enjoyed the food, esp the meatballs which were to die for. Excellent service. Would thoroughly recommend.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“A great place to celebrate !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Always a great atmosphere , ideal for celebrations , great food and service , a real fun place to dine .

Visited April 2014
Paignton
“Nice food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

We needed a quick meal, and that's what we got we enjoyed our tasty food in record time, in a pleasant and relaxed environment.

Visited May 2014
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Badly organised and understaffed ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We booked our table for 5 people and turned up on time, unfortunately we were told that they were "busier than anticipated" so we were told to go get some drinks while we waited for a table... (Pretty pointless taking a reservation for us if you're not going to secure a table)? We got to the bar to find a young girl totally rushed off her feet trying to serve drinks for around 18 people that were there before us. When she eventually reached us I ordered a non alcoholic cocktail that was made straight into a Pepsi glass?! When I tasted my drink I just got a mouthful of grenadine syrup.. It was pretty unpleasant. My dad asked for a bottled lager with a splash of lime so the girl began to pour lime cordial down the neck of the bottle?

We were seated 15 minutes later, the waiter apologised to us for the wait and handed us menus. The menu is extensive and offers plenty to choose from for all palates or appetites with lighter options available. There's also a specials deal too which offers good value for money. I ordered bread sticks with a Philly dip - fresh, chunky homemade tasting and warm. Waiting times between starters and main course was pretty lengthy, we got through 2 rounds of drinks and were more than eager for the rest of our order. I picked New Yorker Calzone for my main and I was disappointed with it because the flavours inside were bland! the ham was cheap tasting, the pepperoni leaked grease and the crust was crunchy and it left a burnt taste in my mouth with a few of the mouthfuls. I wouldn't bother coming here again, it was a limp attempt at American cuisine.

1 Thank Rosie B