“Never disappoints!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I often come here to eat with my boyfriend and it never fails to disappoint! Fabulous quick service by extremely polite staff, and food which is always of a high quality and good portions!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

St Austell is more dead than alive on a Thursday evening in June - A Frankie and Benny's should be reasonably priced and reliable place to eat before a trip to the cinema next door. So we thought -we were SOOH wrong!
It started badly - we were seated in a section a couple of tables away from a really noisy kids party - I mean kids - probably a ten year olds birthday party. We were immediatley served drinks - that plastic beer that is Boddingtons - and in short measure - and overcharged when the bill came ( my wife does not drink pints of cider). That sort of locked us into the place. We seriously contemplated paying for the drinks and looking elsehwere - foolishly we just opted for a change of table.
The starter was reasonable - not cheap for a skewer of four king prawns but good enough. I opted for steak and got a medium sirloin not the pink in the middle medium-rare I had ordered and chips rather than the jacket potato I had ordered. With a cinema visit looming I was not in the business of waiting whilst they redid the meal.
Dessert was simply expensive for what is a cheap option - waffles - obviously out of the freezer and into the microwave judging by the hard lumps in places - very poor value at £5.25.
Don't start me on the wine - the Montepuliciano. At £16.55 a bottle it compared poorly with £4.50 bottles of the same in the supermarket - a restaurant mark up is fair enough but this took it too far. Two nights before we had eaten in another chain restaurant and paid £13.99 for a better wine and had it discounted by a fiver on a food/wine deal - making it a £9 bottle.
In Frankie and Benny's we ended up with a meal for two for £75 - which should never have been more than £50 and would still have been a poor deal at that.
Don't bother with this place if you have the slightest interest in what you eat and drink.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Service was relatively poor, and we had to ask to order drinks after being seated. Staff have very little knowledge on the food and the ingredients in regards to allergies, and aren't very polite about it either, which made us feel unwelcome. We ordered a chicken calzone and a chicken salad. Both dishes the chicken was dry, bland and inedible. The chicken in the chicken salad was incredibly fishy tasting which was absolutely revolting. For the price we paid for this meal, it was totally unacceptable. Would not eat at Frankie & Benny's again.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Good food, generous portions, plenty of variety, fast and friendly service. Good decor with a warm friendly atmosphere. They do a good all day breakfast if you want basic fare or offer a variety of interesting dishes which are fairly reasonably priced. We would use again.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hello I can't understand how people can eat the kind of food served up in this chain of restaurants. It's fatty and greasey as far as I'm concerned not to mention the vast quantities of salt used in their sauces.
The quanity served are generous and reasonably priced. However, this is what worries me as so much of this food is bought and eaten by students and the low paid section of community and anyone eating this kind of food on a regular basis is destined to have health problems sooner rather than later!
It's a shame as the resaurant has a nice atmosphere and they do sweet things like play "happy birthday" when the occasion arises, but it really needs to revisit the nutrional side value of the food served. This was supposed to be a cheap night out with younger work colleagues and it was, but what's the real price to your health and wellbeing? I'll not return for love or money.