“Peaceful, clean, hearty breakfasts, friendly host, rural location”
Review of Tregerrick Farm

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Austell
Tregerrick Farm
London, United Kingdom
“Peaceful, clean, hearty breakfasts, friendly host, rural location”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Just returned from a week a Tregerrick Farm. 2 adults and 3 children 1,7 & 9yrs. All had a great time.
Weather cool for most of the week, but lots do do.Drove to - Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Heligan, Bodmin- Steam Railway, Slate Cavern, Kidzworld, local woods & 5 beaches (many with rock pools- excellent for children & adults to explore). Lots of walking, took big buggy.
Made to feel most welcome. Fantastic breakfasts each morning, arranged for 9am, great start to the day, then out until evening.
Returned to clean, tidy rooms, watched tv, read books, outside listened/watched cows eating, bats calling. Saw some shooting stars. Very restful.
Fridge small for a family, internet slow, but otherwise great. Ideal base for sightseeing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Business
newcastle-under-lyme
Reviewed August 3, 2010

On arrival we were met with the owner Christine. I had seen the Guest House on the internet and new what to expect (or so I thought!) I had told my partner about the fresh flowers in the room and the cream tea on arrival. After a 6hr journey a cream tea would have been nice. For whatever reason we didnt get one, nor did we get a very warm or friendly welcome. Admittingly we did arrive before the advertised check in time, but I did say when I booked online that I would be arriving around dinner time and would appreciate an early check in. From the moment we arrived we felt like we were in the way, everything seemed like too much trouble. The advertised fresh flowers weren't there either, just some dried ones. The room was nice and clean. However, we arrived on a Saturday and last Sundays newspapers were still left in the room. There is no leeway regarding breakfast times its 8.30. On the first morning I noticed that the HP sauce was 15 months out of date, when I made the owner aware of this fact, without looking up from her computer screen she just said the best before date is just for the shelf stackers?! We had a knock on the door on our first night saying that the remote for the tv worked but the tv didnt pick the remote up, and we were asked if we would mind sharing a breakfast table as she was full. I said I didnt mind but after Christine had left my partner had reservations about it. I checked the remote and the light on it didnt work, I suspect flat batteries and she didnt want to say! Not a major problem but an avoidable one!!! When we came in on the second evening we were met with Christine sitting in the guest lounge watching Tv and having a drink. We didnt want to sit in there with her as we didnt want to watch what she was watching and we would have felt awkward. We were also told that the other guests didnt want to share a table so we would have to have breakfast at 8.00 am so they could have theirs at 9.00am. We werent given an option or a choice. When we went to our room a note had been left stating the revised breakfast time. The note actually said that we would have our breakfast at 8.00am so we can be gone for 10.00am!! Talk about brutal hehe. Im a morning person my partner isnt so I got up and showered and we went for breakfast at 8.00. A new bottle of sauce was on our table and it was in date. Happy days lol. Anyway, so we had breakfast and returned to our room, Mandie went to have a shower and there was no hot water, naturally I initially got the blame. I went down to ask about the hot water and I may as well asked about splitting atoms. I was just told that there wasnt any, when I asked when there would be some I was told it would be hot again in the evening and the 'trick' was to shower early!? I didnt realise that when youre on a short break 8.45 was late. Not good really and I had to boil the kettle and fill the sink with hot water so my partner could have a 'bath'. It was like camping. We both felt like we were a bother and at no point did we feel welcome. Maybe she needed a hoilday herself and she did appear to be chief cook and bottle washer, I dont feel there is any excuse for her general off hand nature. She wasnt rude, just not friendly or welcoming. The guest house is in a lovely spot and the website made it sound so nice I just feel it failed to deliver which is a shame. All this place was missing was Basil and Cybil Fawlty and Manuel! I wouldnt recommend the guest house nor would I return.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple