“Lovely food and friendly service”

Watermargin Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 152 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely meal here tonight. We saw the other reviews here on trip advisor so decided to eat there tonight instead of where we have been before. The young man who served us was very nice and provided good service. The food was lovely and served piping hot! and very good value for money... We will go back there to sample more : )

Reviewed July 26, 2013

On holiday in Charlestown for the week & fancied a Chinese meal. Read the reviews on here and booked a table as I thought it would be packed out. Arrived at 8.30 and the place empty but for 2 tables. We should have taken this to be an omen and walked past, but thought that the reviews on here were good, so gave it a go.

First to point out is that the young cornish lady that served us was very nice, but kept out of sight in the takeaway area downstairs most of the time.

The place had no atmosphere whatsoever. The music was turned off and the 2 other tables were set to leave before our starters arrived.

The food was quick enough to arrive, but the Crispy duck was dry & we struggled to eat half of it.
The Cornish lager that I ordered (Korev) tasted very strongly of cleaning chemicals and I sent it back straight away and was given a fresh one by a different waiter. When I eventually finished it I asked for another one and was given another chemically tasting one by the waitress (who obviously hadn't been told by the other waiter he had just given me something else instead to sort out the problem) But I couldn't be bothered to complain again. Just left it, along with most of the food. Paid the £55 bill ( we only had a coke and 2 pints to drink!) and left.

I'm surprised at the reviews on here, and would have thought it was just an 'off' day, but trying to 'pass off' the dodgy lager to me was what made me think about writing this.

Turn the music back on and be more attentive to the customers.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great food & excellent service.
The chilli squid for starter was so soft it melted in my mouth.
Proper sized king prawns.
And the twice cooked belly pork was really good.
A good selection of wines too
Highly recommended !!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

A very wet Sunday evening when we called in by chance and were not dissatisfied at all
The set menu was good value and well cooked with great flavours. Service was very friendly and we thought the whole thing was well worth the visit

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife, sister in law, brother in law, niece, my baby boy and I had dinner at the Watermargin restaurant in late May.

The lady who I think maybe the owner of the business was super friendly and was very good with our baby boy who loved her.

The food was superb, we all really enjoyed it.

I'd highly recommend the Watermargin Chinese restaurant.