“Don't leave St Austell without trying”

Watermargin Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 152 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This is a great restaurant with superb food. When told by family we would be going to a Chinese restaurant I was very concerned, being a coeliac (having to follow a gluten free diet) I envisaged a bowl of rice. This could not have been further from the truth. The moment we arrived Souk talked me through the menu explaining how the food is freshly prepared on the premises and she knew all the ingredients used in each dish pointing out that they use rice and potato flour in their dishes. I was able to sit and relax and enjoy the same food as everyone else which is a luxury.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Went here while in Cornwall for the weekend, food and service was great.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Nice clean restaurant & good home cooking, good menu selection & value for money, friendly staff always happy to please.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

Three of us turned up with no reservation, we were immediately shown to a table, even though it became apparent that it was pretty well booked out on a Saturday night - have to say we were there very early, around 6.15pm. The decor is simple and elegant. The service was impeccable, the food truly excellent (and we lived in Malaysia for 9 years), staff really attentive and very helpful as my husband doesn't move very fast and the waiter and the lady owner could not have done more to help him. Not cheap, but definitely value for money. We will be going there again.

Reviewed April 23, 2011

I had the pleasure of eating in Watermargin very recently, on a family holiday. We have two young boys aged 4 & 5 and being family friendly is always a major criteria for us. We found this restaurant perfect for a family meal out and the food was excellent. I would not hesitate in recommending this restaurant to other families in the area, who fancy a nice refreshing change for eating out in Cornwal..