“food”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: St Austell Brewery Pub
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was recommended this place for its excellent food. I had a large roast dinner and my partner a small. When the plates came out the sizes looked the same. I am a veggie and hate nut roast so I just had a large plate of veg. There was no compromise on price. The complementary desserts were disappointing, I didn't like any, there was no ice cream? Every one loves ice cream. I paid tweleve pounds for a plate of veg and a coke. Not happy! To top it off I had mushy peas yuck, everything tasted of them.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were staying in St Austell and the owner of our B&B recommended the Hop & Vine. We weren't disappointed. The food was absolutely delicious and the staff were so friendly and helpful. Would definitely eat there again if we ever go back to St Austell.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went in on weekday evening and very good food and quick service.I had a fish pie and it was enormous with lots of cooked vegetables was to full for a dessert but would come again as very good value for money.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Tried the Hop and Vine for the first time- will go back again. Food was delicious. Very good and varied menu. The lamb tagine was amazing, very tasty, and fresh. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly.
Will definitely go back again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

In centre of town near car park. Both enjoyed our meals of beef hot pot and lamb shank. Cooked to perfection.