“It is a damp November evening. It is also a Monday”
Review of Hop & Vine - CLOSED

Hop & Vine
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: St Austell Brewery Pub
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Well I checked out trip advisor before deciding to give it a bash and ask Vern for the evening menu. Impressed with what they had on. I chose the prawn cocktail and chicken curry. She has the garlic mushrooms and scampi. ( got to remember this was only a light supper. Ha ha ) food was great value, unhurried and welcoming. If you we're wondering about giving it a miss cos you are indecisive then don't. This is pretty good. It ain't no Rick Stein or Hugh FW. This is good honest pub grub!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ate here having read the reviews on trip advisor. Am so glad we did! The spicy chicken tagine for two was divine. Huge portion more than enough for two. Our starters were Cornish Brie with rosemary and garlic, served with crusty bread. More crusty bread would of been nice to mop up this great little dish. We also had chicken skewers marinated in lime, very tender and tasty.
Would definately return should we come back this way for a holiday. Great value for money, service laid back, which I personally like, hate being rushed through my courses. Highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

As recommended, this was a good place to eat if you like home-cooked food at a reasonable price. The fish pie was really good.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

7 of us went to the Hop & Vine today for lunch. It's not the first time and it won't be the last. As always we were made welcome, the food was good as well as reasonably priced and the landlady, Ameena came out to say hello and presented my rather tired 3 year old granddaughter with a witches hat which cheered her up and made her day. By the way it's one of the few pubs I know that make real chips - I hate the frozen kind!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have just had a lovely meal at the Hop and Vine pub in St Austell. I thoroughly recommend it. We went on a Sunday night so it was almost deserted - as was the town centre!!!
Vern was the bar tender and waiter. He was very friendly and convivial. The lamb Tagine is superb- as Vern said later, a different infusion of flavours with every mouthful. I have had this dish before in a Moroccan restaurant in Covent Garden London and this was just as good - although it came without couscous - but it still worked very well. My wife had the homemade Cornish fish pie. She really enjoyed it. My two daughters had spaghetti and meatballs and a pepperoni pizza with onion rings and garlic bread. One pint of lager, one half pint of cider and two soft drinks - final bill total £44:90!!! - amazing value. We normally spend about £60:00 for a basic meal in Frankie & Bennys. Definitely recommend it for great food at a great price.
Raj Dard Leicester.