“Excellent place to eat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Victoria Inn
Ranked #40 of 142 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Filey, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at the adjacent Travelodge for six nights and ate here each evening. The menu was varied and imaginative so we were able to have something different each evening. The portions were too large for me so I went on to the childrens menu and still had 'grown up' food, eg pasta bake with mushrooms and veg stir fry with chicken. The staff were all friendly and attentive and the free wifi (once you managed to sit in the best place!) was a bonus. I would certainly recommend.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank aitchebee
Pam M, Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality. We do try hard to make everyone feel welcome and to vary our menus for those staying in the Travelodge for a period of time. It is nice for the staff to be recognised and appreciated by our guests.

Camberley, United Kingdom
“A good find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stopped overnight at the travelodge next door on our way down to penzance, and being tired and hungry we just decided to go here. It is just off an industrial estate, so we were a little dubious as to what the food would be like, but it was actually surprisingly good!

The food was cooked well and was delicious (I had mussels in a white wine sauce, and my partner had the gammon steak) and it wasn't very expensive (about £22 for two main meals and two soft drinks). The staff were (mostly) very friendly too.

I would definitely recommend if passing by, but they only serve food until 8.30pm.

• Visited September 2012
Melbourne
“Quick stop - good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We just stopped on our way down to Cornwall. Easy access off the main road. Good quick service, lovely sandwiches and baguette. Very quiet. Setting not amazing as its more of an industrial estate but it still had a nice beer garden, patio and nice authentic pub feel inside. Good play area for nippers too. We would stop again.

South West
“Wouldn't recommend...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at the Travelodge next door....arrived on the Sunday evening after a long drive and decided to have the carvery as quick option. The notice said it was available until 8.30, we were there about 7 and had to wait at least 10 minutes before someone came to serve us. My husband said the young man had facial studs but I can't remember these (food hygiene regs????). There were hardly any vegetables left and when I asked for some fresh green beans was told that there were no plans to cook fresh ones. The food when we got it was cold and clearly had not been checked for temperature. When I complained I was offered the option to choose something else off the menu which we did. When the food arrived it was hot and okay but that is about all I could say about it. No apology was offered and the staff were generally uninterested. Reading the other reviews perhaps we were just unlucky. However, I don't feel I could recommend this pub and if I was to stay at the travelodge again would look further afield for food.

• Visited July 2012
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Good Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Good honest food in nice cosy pub environment. Wait person was very knowledgeable about local beers.

Visited April 2012