“Austells..... Interesting open kitchen concept.”
Review of Austell's - CLOSED

Austell's
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Austell's is an open planned restaurant with a raised level eating area for the guests to view the chefs working! We pride ourselves in innovative cuisine with an informal, relaxed service!
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Austells..... Interesting open kitchen concept.”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

As my partner is a chef i thought i would treat him to something special and it sure was.... Beautifully cooked and presented food, the open kitchen kept him looking in awe at the chef, he loved watching them all at work and he enjoyed the wares of their efforts. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere was lovely. I personally felt the desserts were a little expensive at £8.50 for chocolate brownie with homemade ice cream.... It was delicious homemade cherry ice cream though. I highly recommend this restaurant and will be sure to visit again when in the area.

St Austell, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food & Great Service!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have just returned from a fantastic evening at Austell's restaurant. From the moment we walked in through the door we were welcomed with a smile - the service throughout the evening was excellent. There was plenty of choice on the menu - and when the food arrived the presentation was stunning and it tasted amazing. This is a restaurant that I would recommend very highly to anyone and I will most certainly be returning.

1 Thank Anna M
Bedford, United Kingdom
“fantastic meal and unbeatable service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We visited Austell's Sunday evening after a day at the Eden Project. From the welcome to receiving the bill everything was first class. The pea purée is to die for...... Not saying the rest of Brett's cooking isn't of the same quality I hasten to add. We managed to leave our shopping behind but they even dropped it off to the hotel that evening first class customer service!!! Try it and trust me you will want to return

Visited March 2014
London/Worcs
“Faultless”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This unassuming restaurant is an absolute gem. Once seated we were served olives,home made lemon bread with a dipping tray of rapeseed oil, balsamic syrup (delicious) and herb butter. Each course was beautifully presented and the waiting staff explained all components of the ingredients which made for delicious tasty and original combinations.

The staff were all very friendly and professional - the main lady (Emma?) is charming and as we left the one waitress said we should consider returning the following evening. Had we not had a prior arrangement we would have done so without hesitation. A lovely evening.

• Visited February 2014
Mevagissey, United Kingdom
“What a lovely meal we had”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I went to Austells yesterday for lunch with a friend as it was my birthday. From start to finish the service was great, the food was absolutely delicious and the little extra touches they gave me for my birthday were much appreciated - including two kir royales on the house as it was a celebratory meal.

We began with crab risotto, followed by the most succulent chicken and delicious thyme roasted potatoes and then - to die for - one of the best vanilla cheesecakes I have ever had in my life. It is my default dessert and I consider myself an expert - this was one of the best I have ever tasted.

All in all it was a lovely meal, the ambience was perfect and I will definitely be dining there again.