“Excellent food...”
Review of Austell's - CLOSED

Austell's
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Austell's is an open planned restaurant with a raised level eating area for the guests to view the chefs working! We pride ourselves in innovative cuisine with an informal, relaxed service!
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Loved the food at this restaurant, although the location on arrival threw us a bit as its not what we had expected (booked our table online). However, once we got through the door and taken to your seats by our lovely waitress the initial uncertainty was gone. I had the lamb for my main course and it was exceptional. I don't usually like my meat too pink BUT the chef got it right. It was perfect!
There was 2 of us dining and we both loved all of our courses. I did not have a dessert because I had foolishly eaten something in the afternoon and so my appetite had been compromised BUT once again my waitress gave me some white chocolate/fudge sweets with cranberry or cherries bits. OMG! it was delicious with my mint tea and she even gave me some to take back home to Kent. It was a wonderful experience and we will definitely be going back on our next trip to the St. Austell region. Thank You.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Absolutely THE best place to eat in Cornwall. From the door being opened for you on arrival until it is closed behind you, dining at Austells will make you feel like you have your own chef cooking to please you. The attention to detail is second to none as is the food. Four of us ate. We had risotto, crab, goats cheese starters ... all unbelievably good. Words cannot adequately describe how excited our taste buds were for lamb rump (excuisite) and belly pork (fantastic) and suddenly four hours of wonderful dining experience were complete. You HAVE TO dine at Austells if you love food. It will make you love it even more and it is a privaledge to be fed and served there.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I read about Austell's on tripadvisor and decided to give it a try whilst on holiday. The food was excellent, staff friendly, helpful and attentive.The menu was varied and the prices very reasonable for such top quality food.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My mother-in-law, husband and I visited the restaurant on Tuesday 4th June. I had been told by both of them how brilliant the food was and was looking forward to the treat. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful to say the least.

My starter "Tasting of Cornish Asparagus" was out of this world, a real taste extravaganza. This was followed by the "Baked fillet of Haddock" which again was absolutely perfect. Dessert, "Hot Chocolate Fondant", catapulted me back to my Nan's bungalow in Pagham, sitting at the table in the bay window - about 45 years ago. Nan was an excellent cake/dessert cook and took great pleasure in making her steamed chocolate sponge pudding with chocolate sauce for me which was my favourite - so many memories from that time came flooding back. I loved my Nan dearly and am so glad that your dessert made me remember such a wonderful time in my childhood. Thank you for such a brilliant experience.

Carolyn Power

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Always enjoy eating at Austell's. Service and food were exceptional. Have always had an excellent experience.