“lovely restaurant and good service”
Review of Austell's - CLOSED

Austell's
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Austell's is an open planned restaurant with a raised level eating area for the guests to view the chefs working! We pride ourselves in innovative cuisine with an informal, relaxed service!
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Good value for money, tasty food (we had fish and lamb and both where beautifully cooked), generous portions and lovely service

Reviewed April 16, 2012

If you love good food at reasonable prices, this is the place to go in St Austell! One of the best fish dishes I ever eaten.

1  Thank JoyAR
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Could not be better,A very warm welcome,from friendly staff,drinks from the bar,then taken to our table. The table was beautifully layed,the menu was exciting, The presentation of our food was excellent,It was certainly an evening to remember,Well done Austells.

2  Thank Mike B
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Upon arrival we received a warm welcome. Whilst having a drink at the bar we were able to take in the nice surroundings and ordered from the menu.The staff were very pleasant and polite, providing excellent service! The meals me and my boyfriend had were sensational, I must say it was the best lamb I have ever tasted! We will definitely come back again and would recommend to friends and family. Thank you for making it a special evening for us.

1  Thank Claire H
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We (as a couple & a family) have been here on several different occasions, taken the benefit of the various offers, and to be honest....all things being equal - enjoyed it.......until now.
We (couple this time) were in at 7:20 and after two courses were out within the hour. Not only a little rushed, but on a value for money basis , even at 50%, a little disappointed. We went this time because we have been before & not been that disillusioned, but sorry, may not call again soon.By 8:00 it was getting a bit smoky (cutting down on the air con??)...why?..
Food was good, don't get me wrong. Good varied menu, modern cuisine (means not a good old fashioned plate full) but to pay £4.50 for a bottle (not a full pint) of Tribute and over £6 for a glass of wine is a little O.T.T.(Making up for the 50% offer???) I don't suppose all the recent staff changes have helped......
Not sure it deserves its No. 1 spot for St Austell - sorry....
More negatives than positives I'm afraid, but being a local, I do wish it well.

3  Thank BarnesAroundTheWorld