“Could not be better,”
Review of Austell's - CLOSED

Austell's
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Austell's is an open planned restaurant with a raised level eating area for the guests to view the chefs working! We pride ourselves in innovative cuisine with an informal, relaxed service!
“Could not be better,”
Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

Could not be better,A very warm welcome,from friendly staff,drinks from the bar,then taken to our table. The table was beautifully layed,the menu was exciting, The presentation of our food was excellent,It was certainly an evening to remember,Well done Austells.

2 Thank Mike B

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Upon arrival we received a warm welcome. Whilst having a drink at the bar we were able to take in the nice surroundings and ordered from the menu.The staff were very pleasant and polite, providing excellent service! The meals me and my boyfriend had were sensational, I must say it was the best lamb I have ever tasted! We will definitely come back again and would recommend to friends and family. Thank you for making it a special evening for us.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Claire M
St Austell, UK
“Not as good as before”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We (as a couple & a family) have been here on several different occasions, taken the benefit of the various offers, and to be honest....all things being equal - enjoyed it.......until now.
We (couple this time) were in at 7:20 and after two courses were out within the hour. Not only a little rushed, but on a value for money basis , even at 50%, a little disappointed. We went this time because we have been before & not been that disillusioned, but sorry, may not call again soon.By 8:00 it was getting a bit smoky (cutting down on the air con??)...why?..
Food was good, don't get me wrong. Good varied menu, modern cuisine (means not a good old fashioned plate full) but to pay £4.50 for a bottle (not a full pint) of Tribute and over £6 for a glass of wine is a little O.T.T.(Making up for the 50% offer???) I don't suppose all the recent staff changes have helped......
Not sure it deserves its No. 1 spot for St Austell - sorry....
More negatives than positives I'm afraid, but being a local, I do wish it well.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank BarnesAroundTheWorld
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Lovely lovely food - don't be put off by the parade of shops - the restaurant is superb and the food was very special.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Alison S
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I'm annoyed with myself for not writing this review sooner as it deserved a review the very next day to help put this tucked away gem on the map. We had passed Austell's a few times in the car and finally booked a table for my birthday as a treat and I can happily say I was not disappointed-it was a treat! The food was excellent and very reasonably priced for a restaurant of this standard. The chef even went out of his way to write Happy Birthday in chocolate sauce on my desert plate! I have eaten in several Michelin star restaurants in London and Birmingham and the food in this restaurant was almost on a par with them only much less pricey. I think it's definitely worth diverting from some of the over hyped Padstow restaurants to eat at Austell's.

• Visited September 2011