“Spot on B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Agnes
Trevaunance Cottage B&B
Ranked #2 of 12 St Agnes B&B and Inns
Hampshire UK
“Spot on B&B”
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I returned to Trevaunance Cottage for the second year running in September. The welcome from Ann was warm and the room large, comfortable and spotless. The en-suite bathroom is also huge (no shower only a bath) and again very clean and freshly decorated. St Agnes is an absolute gem as is Trevaunance Cove a short (though steep) walk away. Breakfast is tasty, good portion and plenty of choice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Andy955i

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I return to Trevaunance Cottage regularly and always know I will have a lovely stay. The rooms are beautiful and reflect the age and charm of the property whilst incorporating modern facilities. The beds are really comfortable as well. Anne, Duncan and the family are wonderful hosts, always ready to help visitors enjoy their stay, and offer guidance on places to visit, eat etc. This is a haven of peace and warmth in a beautiful part of Cornwall. Visit and enjoy!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Jenna744
Nottingham
Reviewed May 9, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay. The Cottage is fantastic and the Hosts Anne & Duncan are really nice folks. We cannot speak highly enough about this B&B except forget everything you might think about English B&B experiences because this is nothing like that! The Cottage is immaculate and spotless with a lovely homely atmosphere in a gorgeous location - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! We will definitely be back soon. Fred & Jo, Nottingham

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank fredraynor
Poole
Reviewed December 4, 2009

We decided to get away from it all and celebrate a 50th birthday with a long weekend in one of our favourite places - St Agnes. We had not stayed at Trevaunance Cottage before, and went entirely on the reviews here coupled with the fact it was very close to the scene of so many happy holidays in the 90s. This is without doubt one of the nicest B and Bs we have ever stayed in. Anne, Duncan, Margaret and Katie (not forgetting Flottie the cat!) couldn't have been more welcoming to their delightful home. Our double room was spacious and spotlessly clean: there is no shower over the bath but this was a blessing in disguise, because we both took the time to enjoy lovely baths every day, which we would never do at home. Anne's breakfast could win awards. Absolutely first class in every way, brilliant for an out-of-season break. We'll be back as often as possible!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisPoole
Haarlem, Netherlands
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I returned to Trevaunance Cottage with some trepidation. Would it be as good as my previous visit? It was, and more! A diamond in the most wonderful setting, a jewel in the crown that is Cornwall..

The hosts are welcoming and entertaining, the location incredible. Duncan, a true Cornishman, took the time to tell of the best places of interest as well as entertaining stories and history. Anne redefines the concept of the traditional "English Breakfast", which fortifies you for the incredible walks and stunning scenery which is literally on the doorstep.

If you are looking for a place to get away from the 'hurly-burly' of modern living, I could make no better recommendation than Trevaunance Cottage. I will never stay anywhere else in Cornwall. My only regret is that, living in the Netherlands I am unable to visit as often as I would like to.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FlyingExPatDutchman
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Trevaunance Cottage and had a lovely weekend break. The hosts are extremely friendly and accommodating. Duncan even gave us a guided tour of the village and stunning coast line. The rooms are clean and finished to a high standard. Recommended to all my family and friends.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
Warrington
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I recently stayed at this B&B following the recommendation of friends who visited twice in 2008 and have booked again for 2009.

Before arriving I felt that I should check out where I was going to stay and was a little concerned that nobody had written a review.

Having spent three days at Trevaunance Cottage I came to the conclusion that the other guests are trying to keep it a secret!

It is by far the most comfortable, welcoming and cleanest bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in.

The family that run the bed and breakfast met me on arrival and welcomed me to their wonderful home. I was pleasantly surprised at how spacious our room was. Having checked their website before I travelled it was a delight to find that our room was as good as the pictures on the website.

It was a short walk into St Agnes village where we enjoyed both good food and company and nearly made the mistake of not leaving enough room for 'the breakfast'.

Following an extremely comfortable and quiet night's sleep we enjoyed a full english breakfast which kept us going for most of the day. The following morning we tucked in to home made waffles and fresh fruit. Not something we would normally expect from a B&B.

As I sit here and write this now I am a little hesitant as to whether I should post this review or should I be keeping the secret as well!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near St Agnes
The Rosemundy House Hotel
The Alverton
The Alverton
#1 of 4 in Truro

Been to Trevaunance Cottage B&B? Share your experiences!