“A Perfect Place for a Special Weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Agnes
Kimberley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 St Agnes B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I decided it was time to propose to the other half and didn't think twice about booking Kimberley for 3 nights. I have been on holiday to Aggie for 30 years and this really is the best place to stay.
The welcome is fantastic and you instantly get a feel for how homely Kimberley is. We stayed in the King Size room with an adjoining bathroom. The room was immaculate, as was the bathroom. It had lovely decorations and really enchanced the mood within the house/room.
The proposal was met with a 'yes' (to my relief) on the Beacon overlooking Chapel Porth and we had a lovely time sharing this news with Neil and Sue. Even with a champagne fuelled hangover the next morning there was nothing going to stop us from eating the amazing full english. A 'pick what you want' locally sourced food menu meant that it was a perfect way to start the day. Fresh juice, cereals, pots of tea and toast were all available and the lovely bright dining area linked to a conservatory meant you could take in the morning sun.
The village centre is just a 5 minute walk away which has plenty of character, mixing small intricate shops with pubs, cafes and local amenities. The local beach Trevaunance Cove is another 5 minte walk down a steep hill which has magnificent views. Once again there is a pub, cafe, shop and even a fish and chip shop set up by World Cup Winning Rugby player Josh Lewsey (Lewsey Lou's). I can highly recommend the chips.
Kimberley really is the perfect place for anyone who wants a great getaway, with fantastic scenery at very affordable prices.
We're already cracking open our diaries to see when we can squeeze in another visit. Thank you Sue and Neil.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James A

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed at this B&B for 3 nights at the end of October and having stayed at many B&B's this has to have been the nicest. It is pristine in terms of cleanlines, I haven't met a couple so catering and caring to the needs of their guests, there is nothing they won't help you with. The breakfast has a wide variety including fruit, cereals and cooked breakfast all cooked to what you want. They only have a couple of rooms which adds to the personal touch, even though myself and boyfriend were the only ones staying there on two of the nights they still gave a 5 star service. The rooms are spacious and the quality of them brilliant. They have parking and are located right next to a coastal path over from St Agnes and is only 20 minutes or so from St Ives. I would love to come back to this B&B and as titled would highly recommend it. Hats off to Sue and Neill who offered us advice on great walks, local ways to do tourist things cheap and catering to anything we asked.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 997hannahm
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Back at Kimberley again for another 2 night stay. I always feel a bit like I'm coming home, when I'm welcomed at the door by Sue and Neil! They always find the time to have a catch-up chat with me and help me carry my suitcase to my room.
This time the highlight of my stay was visiting the new family puppy! Welcome, Dougal!
As ever, my room was lovely, clean and welcoming. As it was rather cold, wet and windy out, I especially enjoyed the hot chocolate and biscuits provided in the room and also having a lovely hot bath with the bath soak which was also provided!
Sue and Neil helped me to plan a trip out, looking up the venue on their iPad for me, showing me the route on Google Earth and a map. They also lent me the Radio Times, so I could plan a cosy evening in watching the TV!
Time after time, Sue and Neil provide me with any help I need, in addition to their warmth and friendliness, which is a given! Kimberley is a delightful place to stay, made even more special by its hosts! Thank you both again! See you next year!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely! Maybe a bit quieter at the back of the house? (but I never have any proble...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We spent four nights here in September and used the Kimberley to explore my wife's Cornish roots. By the end of our stay we felt like Sue and Neil were good friends. Our room was perfect as was the rest of their home. Sitting around the breakfast table and conversing with the other guests was always one of the more enjoyable parts of our day. Sue and Neil were very knowledgeable and helpful answering our questions about the area and making insightful suggestions for our outings. The Kimberley's location is within a nice walk to the city center, the museum and numerous restaurants. We also used our location for longer hikes to the Beacon and beach. We felt a little sad about leaving and will return again in a heartbeat if we have the opportunity.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and were extremely happy. Since we did not see any of the other rooms I...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary E
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Me and my partner have just returned from a 3 day break at The Kimberley, this by far the best B&B both of us have ever stayed in. Firstly Sue and Neil were amazing from the moment we arrived. They were professional in every way, friendly and all round a joy to talk to. The hotel itself was immaculately clean and modern, and the shower has to be the best I've ever used. The breakfast was faultless, cooked to perfection.
Cannot wait to return next year for another fine stay, its truly lived up to its ratings!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed August 28, 2013

With its red and white theme and contemporary styling, Sue and Neil's guest house, Kimberley, was a real home from home for us. Spotlessly clean, and with a spacious en suite double set out for a family of three on arrival, it really was just like the Trip Advisor reviews said. We enjoyed two nights at Kimberley and wished we could have spent more. Nice rooms, welcoming host and hostess, excellent breakfast catering exactly for personal taste (courtesy of Neil), well placed for beaches and walks - and Sue was even on hand to guide us in when the GPS sent us down a mine track in the dark! Really can't recommend Kimberley enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Twinfly
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My partner and myself have just returned from a 4 night stay here and both felt The Kimberley was faultless . Sue and Neil couldn't be more welcoming and helpful. They gave us so much local information.The double en suite room upstairs was light,spacious, extremely clean and was perfect. Infact everywhere was spotlessly clean. The dining room was set out so you could chat with other visitors which we thought was a nice touch. We loved our stay here and will be returning next time we're in Cornwall.

• Stayed: July 2013