“Fantastic Food”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in St Agnes
Llanfachraeth
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed for a few days at this hotel and the food was fantastic. True it is up hill to the village and shops, and a 15 minute walk to the beach, but I needed the exercise to burn off the calories as the food was so good every night of our stay. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very clean but on the small size with a clutter of furniture, and the decor needs a revamp.A pleasant stay and I will use this hotel again.Pool was not open when we were there as it an outside one.

Room Tip: Ask for a good sized room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank rhiannon60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed for four nights at the Rosemundy Hotel last week and could not fault anything. My room for a single occupation was very roomy and comfortable; the menu was varied and beautifully cooked, served by cheerful and helpful waiting staff. I entertained two guests for one evening meal, who were welcomed and thoroughly enjoyed their visit there.

R Jones (Southampton)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Mrs Rita J
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have just returned from a holiday staying at the Rosemundy House Hotel,and If you want excellent food, serviced by an outstanding staff this is the Hotel to stay, We shall return, What a pleasure to stay at such a Hotel. Just read what other guests have wrote about it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Edwin G
leicestershire, england
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel is lovely. A mixture of modern and traditional. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The food is varied and both home made and delicious. I had a single room on the back and although the view from my window wad a brick wall, the room itself was comfortable, clean and warm. The only down side is the location as very isolated and on steep hills with very narrow roads and few pavements so nowhere to stroll in an evening. With a car it is ideal though as lots of places near by. Lots of VERY comfortable lounges to relax in though so perfect for a lazy, relaxing holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank chris171063
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed with a coach party over the christmas period, and it couldnt have been better!
The hotel is stunning and set in a beautiful garden and woodland. Though we didnt get to explore as much as we would have like due to bad weather.
The food was of a good standard, good sized portions, however breakfast was a bit hit and miss, on my first morning I had tomato bacon and sausage and had two tomato's and two bacon slices. The second morning I had the same, yet there was only one of each item, slightly disapointing. Also they state that they serve fresh fruit, this is not the case, they serve tinned grapefruit and prunes. So if like me, you have a banana on your cornflakes. Take your own.
The room was relatively small, but it had all the nessacities plus we were out everyday and there was always something going on in the bar to keep us occupied.
The entertainment is great, some good sing a longs in the bar with a brandy makes for perfect after dinner entertainment. Though a lot of our coach went to bed before it had started, may be they could look to bringing this forwards.
Sharon and her team at reception were fantastic. She is just lovely and helped us with whatever we needed.
Hannah also is worth mentioning (the one that always smiles!) She was a complete delight, brightened our mornings everyday when we came down and we greated by her bright smile and sunny disposition. Even after she had walked to work in the rain! Credit to the hotel! But it shows that she enjoys her job, as do the rest of the staff, they seem to get on very well and it really helps to set the atmosphere in the dining room, especially knowing that you can have a laugh with the staff!
The only thing I would, not complain about, but could be improved was that the girls were clearing away tables, and setting up for breakfast at 9pm whilst people were still seated from dinner. Hannah did explain to us that, that was how they were told to do it, and that they had to set all tables up before they could leave. The staff were very apologetic about the matter, but it did feel a tad like we were being pushed out. Could be done better.
All in all a lovely little hotel, hope to return soon, maybe in the sunshine next time, to fully enjoy the charming village (though worth a mention that it is situated up a very big hill!), beautiful garden and swimming pool (outdoor)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank joan j
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Iwas part of the "Motts" coach party who spent Christmas 2012 at the Rqsemundy. In my opinion the whole five days were first class
(1) Very friendly staff especially "giggly" Hannah
(2) Comfortable rooms
(3) Food at ALL meals very, very good.
(4) Fine entertainment
In all a wonderful time we would like to spend our summer holiday here
WELL DONE THE ROSEMUNDY

Room Tip: corner suites are bigger rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Devon
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed the night of 25th Nov for a birthday treat and I am looking at going back in May to celebrate my Mum's birthday. From the moment we arrived we were well looked after - from our cases being taken to our rooms to the ramps being ready to enable my Mum who is a wheelchair to get around the hotel. Food superb, service superb, rooms superb. The room i was in - room 34 - had a decking area outside and if the weather had been better I would have sat out and had an early morning cup of coffee. They even gave me a birthday cake to celebrate my birthday. I would recommend this hotel and even though there was a coach party staying in the hotel we were served first during the evening meal and they catered for my Mum's dietary requirements. id not use the pool or fitness centre.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Redruth
The Alverton
The Alverton
#1 of 4 in Truro

Been to The Rosemundy House Hotel? Share your experiences!