“tasty pizzas”

The Cornish Pizza Company
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in St Agnes
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Multi award winning, take away pizza. Made daily from organic flour and hand-stretched to order, with homemade tomato sauce and locally sourced toppings. Fresh deli items and local ice-cream also sold and a range of Cornish and Italian wine, beer, cider and soft drinks.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Pizzas were very good and we had 2 for £12. They were ready exactly when they said they would be and there was enough left over for lunch today!

There are newer reviews for The Cornish Pizza Company

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Decided to have pizzas delivered to Perranporth as a Friday night treat. Called and ordered three 7"ers with different toppings. The lady who took our order also took my payment with £5 for delivery added. Paid by debit card. She told me the delivery would be up to 40 minutes. It was bang on. The local taxi that delivered rang me when they arrived to find my flat. The pizzas were hot, fresh and really delicious. There was one that was unavailable to order so I chose the leek and blue cheese one, this was an absolute triumph. I was sorry I'd only ordered the small version. Fresh ingredients and a thin crisp base made these pizzas a delight. Recommended.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited whilst on holiday in St Agnes, lovely food, we were really pleased the bases were organic, yum!!!!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The pizzas are delicious - really nice range of toppings (although a few traditional ones would help). There is a problem though with their orders and opening times. The first time I ordered there it was 40 minutes late so that when I arrived to collect it hadn't even been prepared so I had to wait another half an hour. This has been repeated a couple of times. The last time the pizza was not cooked enough and it was covered in giant anchovies. I don't mind one or two but these were the size of kippers! Then there are the hours. What sort of pizza company only opens until 9pm on Friday and Saturday evenings? It may be a licensing issue but 9pm??? Most people want a pizza after they come out of the pub and every local I have spoken to says it is a ridiculous business model; it appears they are trying to throw money away. Oh and lastly - only one pizza size.

Just to confirm though, the pizzas are excellent, if a little inconsistent, the organisation is not quite there yet (the staff look constantly harassed) and the opening hours are shambolic. I really hope it survives though but on current evidence I wouldn't put money on it.

VickiCW, Owner at The Cornish Pizza Company, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry your experience didn't live up to your expectations (and our high standards) on your last visit. We had a team member leave early on the day you visited and so service was slower than had been anticipated, regrettably.

Our closing time of 9pm has been set by the planning team at Cornwall Council, however, we are in the process of applying for an extension and would hope to be open later by the time you next visit.

We use white anchovy fillets as they are meatier and better quality then the tinned grey anchovies. We generally get very positive feedback on the taste.

We hope you can try us again soon.

Best wishes,
Vicki

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I usually visit this place whenever I am in St Agnes. The pizza names are a bit daft and it takes a while to trawl through the various options, but I've never been disappointed by the results. Nice proper thin bases and good ingredients. I hope they do well.

Large families may find it expensive at £8 a time for a takeaway pizza, so it might be a good idea to introduce some kind of bulk deal for summer visitors, although having said that it's cheaper than Pizza Express ( and better quality).

Oh and they sell great local Cornish ice cream as well!