“Freehand Machine Embroidery with Poppy Treffry from Aggie Arts”
Review of Aggie Arts

Aggie Arts
Ranked #9 of 15 things to do in St Agnes
More attraction details
Owner description: Aggie Arts offer art and craft workshops, courses and holidays in the beautiful location of St Agnes, Cornwall - right on the Cornish coast. Activities include illustration, watercolours, textiles, jewellery, acting, hat making, photography, papercrafts, Cornish pasty making, wine tasting and more!
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was a wonderful day and a half course in which I gained some excellent new skills. Poppy was a very enthusiastic tutor and a great encourager and I have come away keen to continue on my own. The setting was perfect - right on the coast and the view from the hotel superb. Perfect to get the creative juices working.

AggieLara, Owner at Aggie Arts, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you very much for the feedback. So pleased you had a good time and you're right, Poppy is a real inspiration. Hope you can take your creativity back to NZ and create some beautiful things. See you next time you're visiting this neck of the woods!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

With the hell of the Aggie Arts team we completed a fantastic day of pasty making and wine tasting, this was tailored to our needs entirely and the sessions were both interesting, fun and educational - perfect for a hen party with a variety of ages, abilities and needs. The team were absolutely fantastic from the moment of initial contact and went out of their way to ensure we had a great day and everyone was catered for. Classes were taken by very knowledgeable, entertaining and friendly individuals. All eleven of us had a fantastic day and would thoroughly recommend using Aggie Arts and their courses to anyone else. Thanks to all involved in making this day so brilliant!

AggieLara, Owner at Aggie Arts, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thanks for your feedback. Glad you all had such a great time! Iain and Giles really enjoyed spending time with you all. All the best from Aggie Arts.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

A great lesson from a true cornishman, Giles knew his stuff and made the class fun. I am allergic to eggs, milk and butter and let them know during the booking and Giles easily adapted his competition winning recipe to accomodate.

The lesson was in a great location, a cafe/restaurant overlooking the ocean (upstairs in the Driftwood pub) On the day I couldnt see on the website or booking confirmation where to go, so just asked at one of the local craft shops, turns out she (Jo from Hummingbird) also taught classes in felt making with Aggie Arts so pointed me in the right direction.

Thank you for your feedback. Glad Giles was able to adapt the recipe for you! Hope you will be able to continue making pasties at home.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Even before the course, I felt so welcomed and inspired by the Aggie Arts team. Knowlegable, friendly and positive. We loved the creative vibe and artistic experience.I could barely carry all the prints that I created and then took home that day. Hands on interactive day, in the beautiful village of St Agnes. Couldn't reccomend it enough, a wonderful day out and a practical life skill to have gained. What are you waiitng for!! Tara Xx

AggieLara, Owner at Aggie Arts, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

So pleased you had such a productive day and glad you felt welcomed - it's what we're aiming for! Hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We recently went on this course which was a Christmas present to my husband. We arrived 25 minutes early expecting to sit and wait, but were made to feel most welcome with a coffee.
There were just two of us on this particular day which I thought could feel a bit awkward, but definately wasn't! We had a great time and my husband really enjoyed it. The host was extremely friendly, as was the staff at the venue which has a beautiful setting right near the sea. When you're done on the course you can sit on the beach with your own cooked pasty....delicious!!
I would happily attend another course and there are many to choose from. Worth every penny!

Really pleased to hear that you had a great time. Love the photos! Their making me feel very hungry. Thanks for such a great review.