“Spotted a seal!”
Review of Koru Kayaking

Koru Kayaking
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have been out with Koru Kayaking twice. I went with a big group of friends to Frenchman's Creek in March for my hen weekend and this trip on the north coast was with my sister who loved the first trip so much she wanted to go with her partner and his seven year old daughter. We all enjoyed it, just enough adventure and excitement to please everyone. I feel quite happy on the sea but for those more nervous Tom & Hetty are very reassuring but also kind of let you get on with it yourself so you gain your confidence. We saw stunning colours on the rocks, a friendly seal, many jellyfish and beautiful views. There was an opportunity to get out of the boat for a swim (optional) and a walk into an enclosed rock 'prison' accessible at low tide. We didn't fall out till we were about a metre from the beach then we got thrown off the kayak by a wave, oops! Yummy fish & chips on the beach to end a fab afternoon.

KoruStAgnes, Owner at Koru Kayaking, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2015

All reviews
"fabulous afternoon"
"birthday present"
"work hard"

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We really, really enjoyed our kayak with Hetty. It was a great way of seeing St Agnus coast from a different perspective, especially the caves and ruins from the mines. We're not particularly big water people and haven't swam in the sea for years so kayaking was a great way of getting out there. We were lucky to have three inquisitive seals follow our group on journey. One popped its head up meters away. Thanks Hetty!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Just back from our first kayaking experience and had a brilliant time. As it was our first time, we opted for a paddle around the Helford Estuary and were rewarded with some fantastic views and a perspective of the beauty of the area that can only be fully appreciated from the water. Tom and Hetty are wonderful hosts, friendly and accommodating. Tom is also an experiened guide and added to the colour of the trip with some insightful local knowledge and stories. We were a group of 8 with ages ranging from 13 to 48 and everyone enjoyed it enormously. Finished of the trip with lunch at the Ferry Boat Inn (great call Tom) with a lovely lunch watching life go by.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was a really good way to explore the Cornish coastline. Our guide was very friendly and informative and for someone who was nervous, he put me completely at my ease. We went in a double kayak but there were some people in singles. Loads of great opportunities to see wildlife close up. Tom and Hetty really know how to make you feel welcome and to ensure that you get the most out of your trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the very best way to see the north Cornish coastline and it is one of the nicest things that I've done for a long time. I am not a young, well-muscled or 'outdoorsy' person, I feel the cold, am not at all brave and wondered if I'd be up to paddling through the surf without feeling sick. Hetty kitted me up in a wetsuit and off we went with Tom on a sunny Saturday morning. Immediately I was amazed to find how comfortable, relaxed and safe I felt, the paddling was not hard work and it was delightful setting off in the sunshine. The scenery was out of this world, Tom gave some commentary about the history, wildlife, tunnels and caves. I've walked the cliff paths hundreds of times, but never actually seen the sheer beauty of Hanover Cove before and there were seals! So great to see them close up in their environment. Then, at the end of the day Koru emailed photographs of the trip (I'd noticed Tom taking the odd snap and assumed he might use them for publicity). So it was a lovely surprise to receive a record of an enchanting morning.