“Excellent....”

Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in St Agnes
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Taphouse provides a laid back dining and drinking experience .Regular live music and very friendly staff.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We visited for my wifes birthday and thankfully I had booked well in advance. We shared a starter of breads and then into a variety of mains. All were excellent with my wife and Dad enjoying the Mackeral Special on offer that night. Service was prompt and friendly. I would definately recommend this place.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Have holidayed just outside Perranporth for the last two years now but have always struggled to find somewhere nice to eat that doesn't serve bog standard pub grub! We stumbled upon The Tap House by accident and we're extremely lucky to get an outside table. The food was fantastic, the service was excellent and the general feel of the place was lovely. The kids loved their food and although there was no burger on the kids menu they cooked one for my son which he devoured. My daughter had a pizza which she announced was 'lush', I had the king prawn and lobster linguine in a Thermadore sauce which was gorgeous and my husband had sea bass! All in all we were delighted in the place and desperately wanted to visit again on our last night but as people have previously mentioned the place gets booked up quickly and we couldn't get a table. I would definitely recommend and will most certainly be visiting again.

1  Thank Helen S
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Really good food, relaxed atmosphere, attentive staff. We had booked in advance but there were tables available for those coming off the street.

1  Thank stuart4190
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Really liked the Taphouse, friendly guy who runs it greeting everyone. The food was fantastic really large portions and good quality had the burgers , and shared the bread and olives starter. Our daughter enjoyed the chicken nuggets which were fresh . Good wine list and lovely to sit out I the warm weather. It is hit or miss if you are lucky to get a table outside as they don't let you reserve them. One evening we wanted to eat again but could not get a table, it is a popular place and saw a few folks having to go elsewhere.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

we ate here last year and our son wanted to go again. we didn't book again like last year and were very lucky to get a table as it tends to be booked out and busy most of the time.....
its a nice place and locals use it as much as the tourist and has a good vibe about the place. plenty of hustle and bustle and chatter going on.
food was good, squid starter was really good. they seem to put a hefty garnish with most dishes which is nice to see and it actually tasted good with interesting bits like a small pickled chilli/hot pepper-although not hot!
nothing worse than getting a garnish on your plate and it is not dressed and is plain....

prices are kind of ok but as i have found that you do tend to get rather similar prices to eating and drinking in london....but as they have a captive audience so not much you can do about it apart from shopping around if you wish.

we shall return as we have had 2 good meals here and the kids enjoy it also which always helps. my daughter loved the piri piri chicken salad

i would suggest booking, we have been very lucky so far turning up and getting a table.

1  Thank imw3671