“Friendly restaurant with quality food”
Review of Taste

Taste
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in St Agnes
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I looked up place to eat before I went to St Agnes and this was on the list. Having discovered it I thought it looked like a little cafe and assumed I must have misunderstood when I looked at it on TA. We went in anyway and looked at the menu which looked great. There is not a lot of choice of "nicer" restaurants in St Agnes so wasn't expecting much. How wrong I was. The staff were lovely. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a table for 7.30 and ended up staying there for the whole evening as it had such a nice atmosphere. The food was excellent. I rarely have a steak out but this time I did and it was perfect. The scallop starter was also excellent. Usually there is something you can find fault in but on this occasion there was nothing. I never usually have a sweet but on this occasion I wanted to try everything and that too was exquisite. We were only in St Agnes for a few days so only had chance to visit once. Had we been there longer I am pretty sure we would have been drawn back.

2  Thank Tracey H

Reviewed May 30, 2014

This has to be one of the best meals I have eaten in a restaurant for years; the food, service and general ambience is second to none in the area. I went for a family meal, and each of us treated ourselves to starters, mains, and pudding. I cannot fault anything we ate. The seafood was fresh and delicious (including lobster and scallops), and the puddings were fantastic - and all at very reasonable prices. I would highly recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Lucy S
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Friendly service and excellent food. Can't really say any more than that. I can't fault Taste in any way.
The food exceeded my expectations and at a very reasonable price. The staff were very friendly.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We chose to eat in Taste as the last meal we would have as a couple before our wedding in St Agnes in March. We had passed a few times and never had the chance to stop to eat, we were not disappointed.
We had a lovely meal, outstanding food and friendly service. Everything was clean and fresh and very relaxed. The dinning area is fairly intimate but you don't feel overlooked, it was nice and bright and the local artwork on the wall was nice to see.
I would definitely recommend Taste and look forward to returning again in the Summer

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My family of five have just had a fabulous birthday Sunday lunch at taste. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, the food was gorgeous and great value. Very accommodating for my children and I was made to feel quite special as a surprise birthday platter was brought out with candles to blow out. All in all, a lovely birthday treat-we will be returning!