“What more do you what!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Schooners Bistro
Ranked #13 of 27 Restaurants in St Agnes
Cuisines: Cafe, British, European
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“What more do you what!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We have just returned home from a week in St Agnes and ate at Schooners on 4 of the nights! It was great. Simple food but very tasty and not overly priced. We have two little girls (2 & 4)and they were more than happy to make simple pasta and pesto on one of the evenings because they didn't fancy anything on the menu. The views are fantastic and of you go early you should be lucky enough to eat outside over the beach, what more do you want on your holidays. We wil return.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gailie71

Truro, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good for a snack”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Eaten here a quite a few times over the past year.The coffee and cakes go down well but I think the standard of food has gone down. When I first visited we sat outside and had an utterly delicious bacon sandwich and was happy to pay the £4 or £5 (can't quite remember) for it. Last time we went, both me and my partner felt the food was average and was over priced. However you can sit outside watching the sea. PS they don't take card so get your cash ready.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Singapore
“Great location, otherwise only average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Am glad we didn't eat here. We arrived hungry but the smell of rancid oil put us off, also there didn't appear to be any vegetarian options.
Partner had a mocca, which he couldn't finish. I opted for a bottle of Cornish lager, this was served good and cold but the glass that was given was so dirty that I drank the beer with a straw.
Yes, Schooners has a great view over Trevaunance Cove (St Agnes) but am at a loss as to how the owners think this will be enough to drum up repeat business.
Service is also hit and miss, depending on who's behind the counter. In future will get a takeaway from Genki and eat it on the beach or nearby seats.

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Value”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

The food was okay (not good) but the portion size was pitifully small. I am below average weight and consequently I have a relatively small appetite. I left this restaurant feeling hungry and had to reach for the coolbox to tuck into some more food (I am 53 years old, I eat out a lot and this is the only time I have ever had to do this).
I would say that the service is casual and functional, not welcoming or at all helpful. We ordered a bottle of wine and were asked if we wanted two glasses. The waitress walked around the room offering our food to other tables before she arrived. Smiles and pleasantries were completely absent (I guess they cost extra!).
The kitchen looks dirty and the chef emerged in a pretty grubby state.
This place has a great location next to the beach and it sells itself on that. It has all the hallmarks of a restaurant that feels it doesn't need to try.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ed H
Alcester, United Kingdom
“chill time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

cos the weather was lovely, sitting on the balcony and chilling whilst eating small dishes of olives, kalamaria and soup and drinking good coffee, then beer later on.....well all i can say is we enjoyed!

Visited July 2012