“Does it deserve its Michelin Star?”

Driftwood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Trewithian
Cuisines: European, British, Seafood, International, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We could go on, but let's leave that to the Guide Books. Come and experience Driftwood's Michelin Starred Restaurant for yourself. There are no extravagant promises, only a guarantee of the freshest, finest food, served with stunning views across the sea. When the weather is warm we light hurricane lamps on the deck to enjoy pre-dinner drinks and after dinner coffee.
Orebro, Sweden
“Does it deserve its Michelin Star?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

A lovely setting and beautifully decorated but in our view the food did not quite live up to the standard of a Michelin Starred restaurant. The service was very nice but a bit slow and still it was not fully booked. The amuse was probably the best part of the meal. The kitchen is innovative but does not quite pull it off.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
private
“Wonka has gone mad in The Louvre again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

What an experience! I reviewed this place already so will try not to repeat myself too much. I just love the cosy lounge area with open log fire and comfy sofas. The staff are very helpful, explaining what I'm about to eat, like I'm a guest on Masterchef! The presentation of the table and restaurant in general was immaculate. The food is where it's at though. It's like Willy Wonka has met up with Da Vinci and created the menu. I was presented with art work on a plate. I felt like I was poking Mona Lisa in the face with a fork during each course. It tastes just amazing, more amazing then a word I can think of that does it justice. From starter to dessert, it was great. Talking of dessert I have to say the dessert wines, although nice, were too expensive. We're talking £10/£12 a glass and when you're paying £49 for a three course meal it doesn't quite stack up for me. If you love great food then eat here, you'll soon work out why the chef and his team got a Michelin star!

Falmouth, United Kingdom
“The best food on the Roseland Peninsula”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

It's no wonder the Driftwood just keeps on winning awards and accolades... The food is superlative and the service equally on top. I like to eat and I like to feel filled following a meal - not always easy to achieve these days but the Driftwood serves top quality food and the value is reasonable too. We have recently eaten at the two main hotels at Rosevine and taking the food into consideration only (I can't comment on the accommodation as we unfortunately did not stay at this 'Roseland' hotel although I really wish we had) it wins 'hands-down'. Better service (including a smile), better food... but if I was picky I would suggest that the Rosevine Hotel's location is much better for a stay. If you are on holiday early September is great (especially when the schools have returned) as the area is quiet and more relaxed.

1 Thank CornishRater
London, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable meal ... tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our amouse bouche of watercress veloute, smoked haddock and a qualils egg in breadcrumb was delicious. Appetisers were tasty & the main course lamb shoulder was very appetising.

This restaurant deserves its Michelin Star & we had a lovely evening.

Apart from the food, we found the restaurant rather warm & little effort was made to ventilate the dining room. This was noticeable the evening we arrived, as the moment we entered the reception, there was the strong smell of cooking. We thought the hotel was a little untidy which all adds to the experience of dining.

There was a large wine fridge located behind reception which looked out of place.

So whilst we thought Driftwood was a little 'odd or quirky', the food was great.

PS .. All the staff were very good. The waiting staff were in polished 'whites' but the maitre d' needs a sharper outfit.

London, United Kingdom
“Even the tiny salad bug couldn't ruin the evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

We went to this Michelin star restaurant on a weekday evening. Upon arrival, we were offered drinks and we also got really lovely nibbles to go along with it (for free). The location is amazing, the interior is welcoming. The waiters and waitresses were lovely and not poncy - although some of the guests were a bit poncy!

The food were presented immaculately (and on expensive crockeries - I did a google search!). We had the 3 courses for £49, and it ended up being a 5 course because they turned up twice for "with compliments of the chef" servings, which is a pre-starter and a pre-dessert (palate cleanser). The pigeon, cod, lamb, and dessert were amazing. You thought the portion looks a bit small but for a 3-5 course it was perfect. We found a tiny green bug in the green salad - I wouldn't really make a big deal out of it but the waitress was so petrified, brought in a new one (presumably!) and in the end it was free of charge (saves us £3.50...). But even with that I wouldn't knock a point of the rating... Will come back again!

• Visited July 2012