“Balcony Views”

Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Rock
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Rock Inn is an elevated 1st floor pub/restaurant with panoramic views of Padstow and the Camel Estuary. We offer food all day, starting with Breakfast until noon. Lunch from 12.00 Until 6.00 Pm. Evening meals are served from 6.00 Pm until 9.00 Pm. Booking for the evening is highly recommended. We serve great homemade specials and daily fresh Fish. Our Steaks are some of the best around. Fresh local Crab and much,much more. A warm welcome awaits you at the Rock Inn
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Went to Rock to have a look around. Found the Rock Inn close to the sea. The venue was very modern and the welcome was good. There were only a few people there at lunchtime but it soon became busy. My wife had the scallops as the main dish and I had the steak pie and a pint of Doom Bar. I did not have a dessert but my wife did and it was presented well. We stood on the balcony whilst waiting for the food and looked across the River Camel and the sun was shining and a clear sky. I must say we had a very enjoyable lunch. Although the resraurant is on the first floor it is very wheelchair friendly. We will return.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I reviewed the Rock Inn about a year ago and commented on the prices which I felt were high. I still feel this is true but on a cold November Monday evening, there were few further options. I had a very nice (though smallish) piece of cod, with chips, nice salad and mushy peas. A pint of very good tribute ale. Came to about £17. All very nice, great and friendly service.

To be honest, I am probably quibbling about the cost as everywhere else is expensive in Rock, but the Luddite in me does remember the old pub which was more cheap and cheerful (or at least I remember it that way).

On the double plus side, the pub is open every day and does food which must be tough to keep going out of season.

Will come back and will never complain about the price again!!!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

After a long walk on Daymer beach with our dog on a showery day the Rock Inn was a welcome respite from the weather and one we had not expected to be welcoming of dogs. It sounds like it should be a spit n' sawdust pub but not a bit of it. Modern, light, bright and great views over the Camel estuary and the ever changing tide. Only had a panini each but generous potions and delicious. Discovered it late in our stay in the area but otherwise would have returned to sample more.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

During a stay in Rock, we called in for drinks and liked the look of the food being served and friendly staff so much, we made a dinner reservation for seven and were not disappointed.
Large portions, very well cooked and presented - we had a variety of meals between the 7 of us; mussels meurniere, oxtail stew, fish and chips, fresh crab, and all were really good and enjoyed by all.
The Rock Inn has a friendly, casual atmosphere with fantastic views over the water. Would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Rock

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Again good value. The seafood pie is as good as you will get anywhere. The staff always first class.