“Wolf in Sheep's clothing...”
Review of Blue Tomato Cafe

Blue Tomato Cafe
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Rock
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on the bank of the Camel Estuary, with amazing views across the water to Padstow. Child friendly, Dog friendly. Kids and dogs menu's! Extensive range of coffee's, tea's, wines and food. Something for everyone, from tea cakes to lobsters........
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We called here for a coffee one dayand simply had the best coffee, cake and milkshakes for the kids ever!! As a consequence after being snubbed by Jamie's 15 on Watergate bay we decided to book this for a Birthday meal. Simply, the food was exceptional, we were seated in the 'outside' area with heat lamps looking across the estuary towards Padstow and in fairness it doesn't get much better! Lovely informal atmosphere that caters well for children, good kids menu, even better adults! We had a lovely meal and the waitress even sang happy birthday!
The only slight criticism is the specials were a bit keen on price, but I have never had a fish dish as amazing so price wasn't a major issue (Sea Bass with Greek salad and cocunut prawns).
Avoid disappointment and book, then get a bowl of the coconut prawns when you arrive to share whilst deciding what to order! (Really that good!)

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited on mass with 4 adults 4 kids, bikes bags etc and hadn't booked - it didn't matter the efficient staff showed us to a table, high chairs sorted and menus all round. Now I must say initially I was weary of the prices, but the place was busy and we were all hungry so we ordered, and I'm glad we did! We all ordered sandwich's and sides of sweet potato fries to share, with drinks. All food was of high standard and combined with the great service and view, I could not fault it at all. Our meal was well worth the money and I look forward to the next time we visit.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Firstly despite it's prime location the prices are far too high, they are what you'd expect to pay in a top restaurant. This is a cafe. The food was good for cafe food, very good. Service was OK. What was disappointing was the tea and coffee, both were nothing to write home about. I have been to ordinary tea shops who have put the tea and coffee here to shame. The cafe appears in the fortunate position where the footfall is so great they can charge these prices at not pay attention to detail which is a shame. I would have given 5 stars had it been 30% cheaper and the tea and coffee been up to scratch.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

With a fantastic selection of food from the worlds most unctuous and decadent Cinnamon Toast to a fabulous Eggs Benadict taking in Pancakes with chocolate spread (& strawberries the size of a VW Beetle), I can't think of anywhere better for a lazy brunch. Most, if not all tables, have a great view across the Camel Estuary to Padstow and the waiting staff are young, keen and prompt. You will find cheaper places, but not better and certainly not in Rock. And to top it all off, it's dog friendly to the point that they even get their own menu!! Enjoy.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great staff. Especially Matt who always makes you feel welcome. Green lemonade is lovely. My five year old loves the milk shakes. Dinners are good had some lovely fish. But have visited for coffees, lunches too. Always a welcome for children. Only complaint is the high London style prices! But I suppose they have to make hay when the sun shines as seaside is seasonal.

1  Thank Nessy R