“Nothing was too much trouble”
Review of Collins Arms

Collins Arms
Collins Arms
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed here for four nights, Debbie and Mark could not do enough for us. We were not on holiday, we were in Cornwall for unfortunate family business, so their thoughtfulness was really appreciated and nothing was too much trouble. The "small" cooked breakfast was the largest "small" breakfast I have ever seen, all four days saw two empty plates on the breakfast table and a few inches on the waist.
They do have a problem with parking, but they realise this and are doing something about it, again always thinking of their guests.
Totally recommend this B & B in Redruth, their beer is good too.

Room Tip: Rooms out the back are on-suite, the ones in the main building are not.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Collins Arms

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Collins Arms is a lovely little B&B run by a married couple: Debbie and Mark. From the start, they were exceptionally kind and welcoming and the room was in perfect order, with a jar of biscuits and a hand-written note waiting for me. They are very flexible in terms of check-in and breakfast arrangements and always ready for a friendly chat.

On my second day, I was hit by a very bad case of food poisoning. Debbie brought me water, sports drinks and kindness all day, looking after me with all care possible and refusing to let me pay for either water or sports drinks. I was genuinely touched.

If you ever find yourself staying in Redruth, I cannot think of a better place to witness genuine Cornish hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redruth
Penventon Park Hotel
#2 of 3 in Hayle
Lowenac Hotel
Lowenac Hotel
#4 of 5 in Camborne

Been to Collins Arms? Share your experiences!