“Fantastic, friendly hotel!”

Penventon Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Redruth
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the Penventon Park Hotel for two nights and can't praise it enough. Our room was lovely and comfortable, the gardens well tended, the staff friendly, professional and very approachable and genuinely seemed to enjoy their job.

The hotel is kind of old fashioned with very up-to-date amenities and my husband and I really loved the pianist tinkering away on the grand piano during dinner even though our taste in music is a little more rock!!

The indoor swimming pool looked very inviting. Unfortunately I didn't find the time to have a dip but I look forward to having a splash about on our return to the hotel, which I hope will be in the not too distant future.

I was surprised the hotel was a 3 Star. I would give it at least 4 Stars or even 5 - it was that good!! Well done. Service and hospitality as it should be :-)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We are regular visitors to Cornwall and when our usual hotel failed to live up to it's excellent standards we looked for somewhere else to stay. We had once had a very good lunch here and as Travelzoo came up with an offer it gave us a chance to try it out. What a treat!! I really don't know why it is only a 3 star. All the staff were lovely. They were friendly without being intrusive and nothing was too much trouble. The room was great. Really big, with a large confortable bed, sitting area and lovely bathroom. There was nothing in the hotel which was in anyway shabby or looking like it was ready for some attention. We loved the restaurant. The food was superb. I am vegetarian and there were lots of choices and all I had were good. The icing on the cake was the pianist who played every night - brilliant. We will definately go back again. Please try it - you will love it!!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our stay was initially booked for 2 nights in a wowcher offer which we extended to 3 nights and were very glad we did. Attention to detail by staff was brilliant. Offering an Brolly to take me to my car during a rain shower. Restaurant could not do enough for you. Chef forgot my tomato in an omelette which was picked up straight away even though I did not have the heart to moan. Menus wines explained. We have visited some excellent hotels and the service we experienced was second to none. Will defo be going back thanks to all at the hotel you are all a credit to the owners.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at the Penventon in June 2013 for 3 nights parking good postcode for Satnav took you elsewhere aim for parking opposite enterance of Hotel .Staff were excellent nothing is too much trouble good clean room food excellent.
Leisure facilities were excellent clean and given robe foe use of pool spa.would reccomend this hotel when staying in Cornwall.

Room Tip: Just ask when booking
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Myself and my husband had our wedding here in 2011 which was fantastic. We stayed for our first anniversary in 2012 had a fantastic couple of nights here treated like a King and Queen. Food was wonderful and service excellent. If I had to find any negativity at all it would be that the swimming pool isn't open early enough, would love to have swum before breakfast but it didn't open until 10a.m. saying this it would not stop us from staying here again. Thankyou.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I would have given this hotel a 5 if the head waitress had handled my complaint professionally, we stayed for 2 nights on a mighty deal offer, The first night I had mackerel salad which looked lovely but the lettuce was not washed properly, and had a dead fly on the radish, on complaining to a waitress , who then spoke to the head waitress who in turn spoke to the chef, came back and said the chef does try to ensure the lettuce is clean and apologises for this. She never offered a replacement or anything. I felt that was not very professional. Shame these things spoil a hotel.

1  Thank johnbalfour
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Myself and my terminally ill wife stayed at the Penventon hotel for 2weeks so that we could relax. Starting with the monies we found it to be very reasonable and our suite was on the ground floor with access to the car park for the wife's wheel chair. The house matron was very helpful making sure we had everything that was needed in the suite for my wife. We could not fault her. On arrival reception staff could not help us enough and made booking in very simple,which after a long journey was needed by my wife. The restaurant was very good and due to wife's condition the personal in the kitchen produced meals for her that was different to menu . The restaurant waiters could not do enough for us. All we had to do if there was anything we needed was to ask.this does not cost anything.
My Wife and myself really enjoyed the stay and would have like to stay longer but that's life. Well done the Penventon Hotel Staff keep up the good work.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DonRoberts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redruth
The Alverton
#10 of 20 in St Ives
The Greenbank Hotel
The Greenbank Hotel
#2 of 24 in Falmouth

Been to Penventon Park Hotel? Share your experiences!