“One to go back to!”

Penventon Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Redruth
Reviewed May 10, 2013

From the moment we arrived at Penventon Park we knew we would enjoy staying there..
The staff are very helpful and friendly and the whole hotel was clean and comfortable with lots of splendour and history and had a very cared for feeling..
We stayed in a garden room which was ideal, nice and roomy plenty of hanging space good size bed ( but a bit old and tired like me) and I missed my duvet as they still use cotton blankets. there was also a settee and sliding doors to the gardens which was good..
The dining room is first class with comfortable seating, linen table cloths and good china and the food served here is tasty and well presented ..We were on the indulgence offer and enjoyed every meal..
The Spa is nice but just needs a bit of a spruse up..
Will hopefully visit this hotel again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pandy110
There are newer reviews for Penventon Park Hotel

Reviewed May 8, 2013

It is a great shame that something so basic and essential to a good stay was very poor. Until I went to bed I was happy with my stay. I had gone for a swim and had a jacuzzi (the pool area was a little tired but functional) then came the best bit.... The meal was second to none and worth every penny I paid for it. Unfortunately I probably would not stay again as the bed and pillows were so uncomfortable I was unable to get a good nights sleep.the bed was so old and you could feel all the springs, the pillows were also old and hard. I also am not really keen on blankets and sheets and found myself tied up in them mid way through my uncomfortable night.
Simple small changes would make the difference in this hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacqui G
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed at the Penventon on numerous occasions now and have always enjoyed my stay. Breakfast is generous and good, although if you are eating evening meals in the hotel, it can be fairly expensive. I have only ever stayed as a lone traveller and I enjoyed a range of rooms, from their tiny but well equipped singles to larger rooms in the older part of the hotel.

Staff there are a real asset and they obviously pride themselves on good customer service. The fitness suite and pool are excellent.

The hotel is steeped in history and has a Victorian splendor to its public areas. An excellent place to stay for single or business travellers because of its central location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Archie M
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at the Penventon for two nights - from Sunday April 21 What a wonderful hotel full of splendour and history - We ha a large room - 146 - that was excellent but needed a lace curtain for a bit of privacy The food was first class well served by an attentive reastaurant staff . We enjoyed the Spa particularly with tables for a leisurely coffee etc - Give Redruth a miss - Camborne is much better but has not much to beat ! Wiil return again when next offer comes up. Anyone not satisfied must be very hard to please Joan and David Williams

Room Tip: Rooms reached through theloung area are probably the quietest although we experienced no noise at al...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoanandDave_13
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Booked a day for the 6 of us for my mums Hen do, on the £70 spa package. First impressions, the poolside needed a general update. One question to Penventon, why do you have garden umbrellas inside? The poolside furniture all needed a serious update, instead of cheap white B&Q furniture. The pool was warm, a good size and so was the jacuzzi, the sauna was lovely too. As far as the facilities went, they were brilliant. The organization of the whole day was good, we were told when our treatments would be, and our lunch, but thats where it went downhill, the first two had their treatments, ( all the treatments were lovely, really relaxed) our lunch came out as the 2nd two had their treatments, even though we asked for it to be held because they were still having treatments, to which we were told "your lunch is on the table" and that was it. The lunch was nice not very exciting, and rather bland, but the menu wasn't very inspirational very limited, and for £70 each we didn't really get our moneys worth with only one course. Whilst having our lunch, one of our party was asked to change the treatment time for someone else to have her slot, as if the other person was more important, which delayed our entire day and she had to wait around. The package is very overpriced, I understand beauty treatments cost money, but we worked out the day could of cost around £40 instead of £70. We enjoyed our treatments, but wouldn't visit again. And no cake of the day!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have just spent 2 days here and I can say that although the decor of the rooms is very dated its clean tidy and a friendly hotel. Try to get a garden room and be aware that they have a lot of single beds. Also, although I was upgraded to a suite (essentially a room with a double bed) the walls are paper thin. The staff are very attentive and thorough.

The dining is excellent. The decor of the restaurant may well not be to everyone's taste but if you go with it, the meals are very high quality and the breakfasts superb.

One downside was the restaurant manager who kept talking over tables at people rather than discretely coming next to them to talk and has absolutely no sense of discretion or courtesy that aside a very good dining experience.

This does belong to the generation of British hotels that were seemingly last designed in the 70's but I would say that will be fine with the clientele that they attract. Excellent function spaces although in the evening the restaurant was far too hot - on what was not exactly a warm spring night.

Overall a very friendly family run hotel, tired but welcoming.

One last thing, the toilet paper is like sandpaper.

Room Tip: Make sure you state very clearly what bed arrangements you want.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We try to get down to the Penventon at least once a year,usually in February. This is an old manor house and still has a certain air of "stately home" elegance.There are some lovely antiques scattered around and a lovely old grand piano in one of the drawing rooms,sadly unplayable as it has been sealed up, my itchy fingers remained so!
The rooms are spacious,comfortable and well appointed,although television reception can be abysmal at times,particularly when one has foregone dinner to watch the master chef finals!!
All can be forgiven when you visit the rester ant as the food here is excellent,wonderful steak and seafood, no nouvelle cuisine here.The staff are all charming,efficient and helpful,particularly Nigel, the reception manager. Do make an effort to visit this lovely hotel, it is not expensive and well worth the trip.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are great if you have adog with you,if you can stretch your budget,the suites are s...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redruth
The Alverton
#2 of 24 in Falmouth
Tregenna Castle Resort
Tregenna Castle Resort
#10 of 20 in St Ives

Been to Penventon Park Hotel? Share your experiences!