“Wonderful Building and a great experience”

Penventon Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Redruth
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Building and a great experience”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed there for one night and would definitely go back. The exterior of the building is imposing and the interior does not disappoint. It is warm and welcoming, with friendly staff in every area. The room was quirky and comfortable and in keeping with the rest of the hotel.
The dinner in the restaurant was excellent. It is not especially cheap, but was flavoursome and great quality. The staff are attentive without being over-bearing and we were well looked after.
Breakfast was fantastic! Such a great change from the usual buffet fare served in most hotels. It was freshly cooked and delicious.
I am looking forward to my next trip to Cornwall and this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great fish and chips, and for £5 - brilliant. Best fish I have had in a long time. Fresh with a light batter and full of flavour - chips pretty good too. Followed by a perfect lemon pudding. A busy Friday lunch time and service still brilliant, will be back soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Osnabruck, Germany
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I took over a group of 90 adults to Cornwall in early October. We stayed in the Penventon Hotel with the whole group. from the very first moment of the check in till leaving the hotel after four days everybody was delighted. very good and friendly sebvice, excellent food, comfortable rooms and a beautiful hotel. An ideal base for our daily trips to gardens and sights. i can only recommend this hotel and will certailnly come again, with a group or alone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at the Penventon for 2 nights as my son had arranged to be married at the hotel. My 3 other children, partners, spouses and children also stayed at the hotel. I found the service to be of a very high standard, the meals delicious and the atmosphere relaxed and cheerful. The dining room staff were unfailingly polite and helpful in coping with the demands of several young children and babies. The hotel provided my family with the opportunity to relax and enjoy a proper get together and the company of friends. All in all I came away with a very favourable impression.

Room Tip: The rooms leading out on to the patio at the back are fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
isle of wight
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Having paid for a Ist wedding anniversay gift for our son and daughter-in-law (which due to unforseen circumstances they were unable to go) we decided to use it instead. We had a fantastic few days. Lovely hotel very helpful staff and I must mention one person in particular reception manager Nigel Jeffery a great "chap".
The room was brilliant we had a Garden Room very clean good decor. The food is out of this world, tasty and well presented, good choice at breakfast as well dining room staff very professional.
All in all a brilliant place to stay.....will stay here again even though we have family just round the corner!!!!

Room Tip: Up grade to a Garden Suite if you can.....we worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Penventon for 1 night whilst on a business trip to Redruth. I paid £106.00 for a standard twin room which turned out to be very overpriced. The room allocated was very dated and in urgent need of updating and not what I was expecting for the price I paid. I tried to shower before going to dinner on my first evening only to find there was no hot water, I queried this with the receptionist and was told they were experiencing problems with several rooms and the problem would be corrected as soon as possible. The next morning I woke at 7am to have a shower before work only to find there was still no hot water, I complained again to the receptionist who advised me to use the showers in the gym as the manager wasn't in until 8am when he would look to call in engineers to fix the problem! I've stayed in many hotels all around the world and I've never experienced anywhere as bad as the Penventon. No hot water in a hotel is totally unacceptable. Apart from the good food in the restaurant this was my worse hotel experience ever and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Jon F
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I booked the Penventon Park Hotel, 3 night Indulgence package after staying here previously on Business. My wife & I arrived on Tuesday afternoon and once entering the hotel, we experienced a truly fantastic time. The entire stay was a delight. Everyone of the staff we came into contact with were polite, curtious & could not do enough for you!. We had a garden room which was enormous and filled with all you require to make your stay very comfortable. The food was excellent, with the vast majority of offerings being made fresh in the kitchen and to a very high standard. This Hotel and its dedicated and professional staff made us realise what a difference traditional values & customer service really make. We will definitely be going back to this hotel, and can not wait to experience the Penventon Park Hotel again. Anyone who does not enjoy the experience this hotel offers, should stay at home as we could not fault it in anyway! Thanks to you all.

Room Tip: Opt for a garden room if you are to stay on one of the indulgence packages.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redruth
The Alverton
The Greenbank Hotel
#2 of 23 in Falmouth
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa

Been to Penventon Park Hotel? Share your experiences!