“Very good”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Redruth
Lansdowne Guest House
Ranked #3 of 10 Redruth B&B and Inns
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights, One word describes this Guest House "FANTASTIC". Ideally located to explore this area of Cornwall within easy reach of Penzance ,Falmouth, Penlyn, St Ives etc. The Breakfast is outstanding, The rooms are of a V,Good standard

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bodmin, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Interesting building,nicely and newly decorated room and communal areas.Excellent breakfast.Comfortable room with good facilities.Good location in the centre of West Cornwall -good access to Coastal areas.Nice host.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul B
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed in 2 single rooms with a friend for 9 nights in a row while we built sea kayaks with Cornwall Custom Kayaks. Character house with parking, comfortable and clean rooms and helpful hosts. Were very kind about letting us use the dining room in the evenings to eat take away - and even have fridge, microwave and crockery etc for those wishing to do some simple self catering. Short walk to town centre. Would make a central base for exploring the whole area, although little to do in evenings in Redruth.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms without ensuite have fluffy bathrobes to wear when crossing the landing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank R_Daniels_12
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have numerous allergies and intolerances and Mark and Marnie did everything to accomodate my health issues! They bought in gluten-free bread and soya milk specifically for me and when on the first night I was rather allergic to the soap powder used on the sheets, they rinsed them through and re-made the bed by the time I came back in the evening! This was a rather stressful trip as I was helping my elderly father but Mark and Marnie made it that much easier for me and I can't thank them enough!!! The house is absolutely spotless and the rooms are excellent value for money - I have stayed in many B&Bs in Cornwall as I would say that the Lansdowne was the best value!!! The breakfasts were amazing (fry-ups not at all greasy) and there was even a microwave for guests to use which I did for one dinner. On the last day of my trip they kept my luggage safe so I wouldn't have to drag it around the town.When I go back to visit my dad I will stay here again - without a doubt!!! My stay felt much more like visiting some friends and staying in their home! Mark and Marnie, thank you so much!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Meg A
surrey
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at the Lansdowne whilst doing some family history research in Redruth and Truro. As noted in other reviews, Mark is a most friendly and helpful host. Rooms are very clean and well furnished. Excellent breakfasts too.
The Lansdowne is a short walk from Redruth town centre and its railway and bus stations. It is in a pleasant part of the town on the road out to Falmouth and Helston. The Cornwall Studies Library is a splendid resource for those researching Cornish family history topics and the Cornwall Records Office is only a short train ride away in Truro.
I will definitely stay again when I have another trip to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank dunstanville
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had never heard of Redruth till I had to go do a job over there. Stumbled on this guest house after a random search on Google as it was walking distance from the railway station. Spoke to Mark on the telephone to reserve the place and he was very accommodating about my needs.
Arrived to find that the place was an absolute gem. Single Room En Suite - immaculate. FREE WIRELESS WI-FI. Next morning breakfast - stunned with the choice and quality (one of the best scrambled eggs). On Saturday and Sunday Mark was ready to serve me breakfast at 07:30 (had to be at work at 08:00) even though they only started serving at 08:00 normally.
Will definitely stay if I had to go to there again.
AN ABSOLUTE GEM IN REDRUTH - Good Work Mark. Best Wishes.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 6 - Single En Suite - PERFECT
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DrVRaj
Bourne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We arrived late (10:30pm), due to motorway works and volume of traffic, Mark & Marnie waited up for us and was in contact by phone. When we arrived the book in was fast and friendly and enabled us to get to our rooms and relax. I have dietary issues but nothing was too much trouble for Marnie and the food was excellent. We were down for our brothers 50th birthday celebrations and we felt like royalty. On the morning of our departure our brother came along to bid us farewell and was immediately invited in for coffee, how lovely. Seek themout and go stay they are wonderful people. We will be back!!!!!

Room Tip: Front Bay window bedroom,hardly any traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family